Duck Territory: The University of Oregon athletic department could suffer a $50 million to $80 million financial loss due to the coronavirus and the recent decision to postpone fall sports, Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens said on a Zoom teleconference call on Thursday afternoon.
The reason for the $30 million range in a deficit is due to the uncertainty about what the spring might look like, Mullens added.
The University of Oregon's athletic department could suffer a $50 million to $80 million financial loss due to the coronavirus and the recent decision to postpone fall sports.
—More from News Feed—
- Bears lose four-star DB prospect; is conference uncertainty costing Cal?
- Date, time announced for Arizona men’s basketball Red-Blue scrimmage
- Does escalator clause in Big Ten media rights deal mean expansion isn’t over?
- NCAA asking for help identifying NIL pay-for-play violations
- WSU transfer, Oregon kicking rarity Andrew Boyle competing for all three jobs
- Emory Jones named Arizona State starting quarterback
- Canzano: Pac-12 on high alert after Big Ten reveal
- CBS Sports: Utah’s Lander Barton to make immediate impact in 2022
- SMU and Oregon presidents may have spoken about realignment in late July
- 4 West teams among 12 toughest September schedules per On3 Sports
- Athlon Sports: College football’s Top 25 defensive lines for 2022
- UC Regents assert they can block UCLA move to Big Ten, citing damage to Cal
- 247Sports’ preseason true freshman All-American Team for 2022
- Athlon: College football’s top 20 offensive lines for 2022
- 247Sports: Ranking all 131 expected FBS starting quarterbacks for 2022 season
- Utah’s Chad Bumphis praises young WR depth, ‘These guys are unbelievable’
- Bronco cornerback Markel Reed returns to full speed after offseason surgery
- Boise State football jersey shirts on sale, proceeds go to players
- Raley: Why Sam Huard should or shouldn’t start at UW quarterback
- WSU’s Grant Stephens says this is the most fun he’s had playing football
- New Oregon NIL collective ‘Ducks Rising’ set to launch
- Arizona DL Kyon Barrs working to live up to expectations
- Big Ten completes 7-year, $7B media rights agreement with Fox, CBS, NBC
- USC, UCLA exits could cost remaining Pac-12 schools $13M in media rights
- AD on Boise State’s value to Idaho: ‘We’re the front porch of this state’
- Report: CFP Board of Managers mulls breaking football out of NCAA
- Washington men’s basketball promotes Will Conroy to Associate Head Coach
- Wilner: Pac-12’s Merton Hanks won’t tolerate ‘shenanigans’ with USC and UCLA
- Canzano: ESPN’s fuzzy Pac-12 football broadcast issue comes into focus
- 2022 CBS Sports / 247Sports preseason All-America team
- Bears lose four-star DB prospect; is conference uncertainty costing Cal? - August 18, 2022
- Date, time announced for Arizona men’s basketball Red-Blue scrimmage - August 18, 2022
- Does escalator clause in Big Ten media rights deal mean expansion isn’t over? - August 18, 2022