Bruin Report Online: Hope is a wonderful motivator (e.g. “I hope Chris Smith returning for his senior season is the break this program needs to reclaim its place among the elites” or “I hope Sean Miller continues to recruit the exact wrong players for his style”) but it is rarely a successful strategy on its own (e.g. I “hope” Darren Collison and Josh Shipp can guard Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts or I “hope” a 31 year old with less than 10 years of coaching experience is going to be a good head coach).
Therefore, while I know we all hope that we have a college basketball season this year, we should use that hope to drive us to find the best possible format to play the season.
College basketball adopting a bubble environment like the NBA has to be an option now, and we spitball some scenarios of how it could be pulled off...
—More from News Feed—
- SJSU football, men’s basketball and baseball made history in 2022-23
- WSU’s Andrew Edson and his never-ending quest for more speed
- 247Sports: Predicting Big Ten football 2024 schedule; permanent rivals
- Linebacker Eric Gentry returns to USC workouts following ankle surgery
- Oregon sells out Super Regional; awaiting approval for additional seating
- Arizona’s Jordan Geist wins NCAA championship in shot put
- Utes get commitment from Snow College tight end Dallen Bentley
- Big 12 mulling Monterrey as site of 1st Mexico-based bowl game
- Ex-USC football player arrested, charged with raping 2 women
- 247Sports: Teams that could bust the ‘Blue-Chip Ratio’ in 2023
- Oregon Ducks baseball ready for Super Regional challenge From Oral Roberts
- Wilner: Comcast mess leaves Pac-12 far behind in Power 5 FY2023 projections
- Arizona president Robert Robbins talks realignment ahead of UA summit
- Kinahan: ‘News’ cycle churns often on Pac-12, Big 12 storylines
- Report: Arizona softball to hire LMU’s Christian Conrad as pitching coach