OregonLive: The Pac-12 presidents and chancellors emerged from their conclave on Friday without a firm decision on the football season. The group will meet again next Thursday. And a lot of us wondered what the hold up might be.
Universities facing different landscapes?
Bad optics of appearing to follow the Big Ten?
Turns out there’s another glaring cause for the delay that nobody is really talking about. It’s this: Some Pac-12 Conference coaches are giving conference headquarters the middle finger.
—More from News Feed—
- No charges filed against Matt Araiza, ex-teammates in SDSU gang rape case
- Mississippi State’s Dillon Johnson trolls Mike Leach in transfer announcement
- NCPA requests UC Regents oppose UCLA’s move to the Big Ten
- ACC commissioner calls for earlier start to college football season
- Andrew Luck, Mike Hass, Rashaan Salaam among 2022 CFB Hall of Fame inductees
- BYU football hires Kelly Poppinga as special teams coordinator
- Colorado to hire Alabama’s Charles Kelly as defensive coordinator
- Dan Lanning denies that Oregon got complacent ahead of final week
- Oregon makes Will Stein offensive coordinator hire official
- Canzano: Transfer game laced with misguided frustration, finger-pointing
- One Beaver, two Wildcats on 247Sports True Freshman All-American Team
- Pac-12 coaches earn high marks in first-year grades from 247Sports
- Oregon State’s Jack Colletto named 2022 Hornung Award Winner
- UNLV names Arkansas DC Barry Odom head football coach
- Report: Weber State coach Jay Hill to be named BYU’s new DC
- Jake Spavital hired for second stint as offensive coordinator at Cal
- Defensive assistant AJ Cooper leaving WSU to coach ASU linebackers
- Curtis: Why did Cal football fire Sonny Dykes in 2017?
- ASU reportedly hires Ra’Shaad Samples from Rams, Bryan Carrington from TCU
- Utah’s Dalton Kincaid has Pac-12 Championship Trophy at his house
- Arizona State expected to hire Fresno State’s Saga Tuitele as OL coach
- Report: Deion Sanders visits with Willie Taggart about joining staff at CU
- Eight SuperWest teams in Joe Lunardi’s updated NCAA Tournament bracketology
- Canzano: Pac-12 coaches split on who did it best, rapid reaction to awards
- 2022 Pac-12 Football All-Conference teams and annual coach and player awards
- Report: BYU assistant Ed Lamb to be named Northern Colorado head coach
- Deion Sanders’ Colorado head coach contract details: Salary and buyout
- Oregon State’s Jonathan Smith Named AFCA Region 5 Coach Of The Year
- Canzano: Whirlwind week in Pac-12 with transfers, bowls, and new hires
- Eight Pac-12 players make 2022 CBS Sports All-America football teams
- No charges filed against Matt Araiza, ex-teammates in SDSU gang rape case - December 7, 2022
- Mississippi State’s Dillon Johnson trolls Mike Leach in transfer announcement - December 7, 2022
- NCPA requests UC Regents oppose UCLA’s move to the Big Ten - December 7, 2022