OregonLive.com: Rob Mullens and Mario Cristobal don’t live far from each other in Eugene. The University of Oregon athletic director and head football coach essentially reside in the same neighborhood and both are early risers who like to exercise.
Cristobal lifts weights and sprints.
Mullens is a runner.
Earlier this summer, amid a pandemic, the Oregon AD told me that while out on a run he saw a familiar figure up the street at 6:30 a.m. Campus employees weren’t allowed in the office at the time. Cristobal was using the morning to get some fresh air and make recruiting calls. The two men bumped into each and stopped on the corner more than once. They’d spend 30 or 45 minutes talking, among other things, about whether the Oregon-Ohio State football game was going to be played.
—More from News Feed—
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats
- USC suspends reporter two weeks for violating media availability policies
- Where did Puka Nacua come from? Washington and BYU recruiters know
- Pac-12 bowl projections: Washington to the playoff, USC in the New Year’s Six
- How much did victory over Arkansas change BYU’s Big 12 expectations?
- Dan Lanning ‘wasn’t talking about Deion’s team’ when criticizing CU’s history
- Cal football: Jaydn Ott ready to go, but starting QB uncertain
- Sanders: ‘I respect the heck out of [Lanning] and what he’s accomplished’
- Arizona State QB Drew Pyne likely to return, Trenton Bourguet doubtful
- Deion Sanders won’t let Shedeur Sanders leave for the NFL
- Former Duck, Miami TE Cam McCormick petitioning for ninth year of eligibility
- Hawaii judge rejects settlement in Jayden de Laura sexual assault civil case
- Kenny Dillingham calls ASU offensive plays at Tuesday practice
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that - September 20, 2023
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future - September 20, 2023
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats - September 20, 2023