By Ross Dellenger, Yahoo!Sports: For decades now, Stanford has served as a beacon for college athletics. Other departments envy the success, the academic prowess and that endowment ($36 billion).
Cardinal athletic programs have won 134 NCAA championships, the most of any school, and it has claimed the NACDA Directors’ Cup as the nation’s most successful college athletic department in 26 of 29 years.
Read the full story…
Stanford, Cal, Oregon State and Washington State don't have too many options after being left behind, but it's clear which school will drive the conversation to a conclusion.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- ASU quarterback Trenton Bourguet plans to return for final year
- BSU’s Spencer Danielson first interim coach in FBS history to win conf title
- 4-star quarterback Michael Van Buren decommits from Oregon
- Jake Dickert says Cameron Ward’s departure ‘not a shock or surprise’
- Pat Chun says next big step is securing media rights deal for WSU and OSU
- Former UCLA coach John Wooden to be honored with commemorative U.S. stamp
- Bo Nix remains undecided on playing in future bowl game with Ducks
- Former UNLV head coach Marcus Arroyo a serious candidate for ASU OC position
- Former Arizona commit Quimari Shemwell flips his pledge to Utah
- Washington staves off Oregon comeback to win Pac-12 and secure playoff spot
- Former USC, Rice quarterback J.T. Daniels medically retiring from football
- USC poaches UCLA defensive coordinator D’Anton Lynn for same position
- 4-star WR Gatlin Bair, Oregon target, decommits from Boise State
- Nevada fires head football coach Ken Wilson after two seasons
- Oregon State, Washington State to face MWC teams in 2024 scheduling deal
- ASU quarterback Trenton Bourguet plans to return for final year - December 2, 2023
- BSU’s Spencer Danielson first interim coach in FBS history to win conf title - December 2, 2023
- 4-star quarterback Michael Van Buren decommits from Oregon - December 2, 2023