KSL Sports: Former Utah coach Urban Meyer admitted that he almost didn’t retain Kyle Whittingham as defensive coordinator when Meyer took over the football program.
Both Meyer and Whittingham interviewed for the job that was vacant when Ron McBride was let go. Former Utah Athletic Director Dr. Chris Hill gave the job to Meyer over Whittingham.
Former Utah coach Urban Meyer admitted that he almost didn't retain Kyle Whittingham as defensive coordinator when Meyer took over the football program.
—More from News Feed—
- SJSU football, men’s basketball and baseball made history in 2022-23
- WSU’s Andrew Edson and his never-ending quest for more speed
- 247Sports: Predicting Big Ten football 2024 schedule; permanent rivals
- Linebacker Eric Gentry returns to USC workouts following ankle surgery
- Oregon sells out Super Regional; awaiting approval for additional seating
- Arizona’s Jordan Geist wins NCAA championship in shot put
- Utes get commitment from Snow College tight end Dallen Bentley
- Big 12 mulling Monterrey as site of 1st Mexico-based bowl game
- Ex-USC football player arrested, charged with raping 2 women
- 247Sports: Teams that could bust the ‘Blue-Chip Ratio’ in 2023
- Oregon Ducks baseball ready for Super Regional challenge From Oral Roberts
- Wilner: Comcast mess leaves Pac-12 far behind in Power 5 FY2023 projections
- Arizona president Robert Robbins talks realignment ahead of UA summit
- Kinahan: ‘News’ cycle churns often on Pac-12, Big 12 storylines
- Report: Arizona softball to hire LMU’s Christian Conrad as pitching coach
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)