By Dan Murphy, ESPN: The way Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork sees it, his department is taking on a new role in helping athletes make money from name, image and likeness deals starting this month: matchmaker.
Bjork and his staff won’t serve as athletes’ agents, but as of July 1, a new law taking effect in Texas clears the way for them to get more directly involved in pairing athletes with local companies or thick-walleted fans.
Read the full story…
Two years after the NCAA let athletes make money from their name, image and likeness, the association is now at odds with state laws that help in-state schools work even more directly with athletes on NIL deals.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten
- The case for why Louisville’s Tyler Shough could be 2024’s Michael Penix Jr.
- CFP Board of Managers unanimously approves 5+7 qualifier format
- Washington locks in official visits with handful of coveted prospects
- WSU’s Jones & Rice sweep weekly Pac-12 hoops awards for historic 2nd time
- Stanford lands commitment from 3-star 2025 OL Josh Williams
- Colorado football assistant coaches to make record amount in 2024
- Former Husky co-DC William Inge latest Alabama defection, lands with Vols
- 247Sports: Five college football transfer portal results to monitor in 2024
- Mel Kiper releases updated Top 10 quarterback rankings for 2024 NFL Draft
- Tommy Lloyd gets extension with Arizona men’s basketball thru 2028-29
- 10 daring CFB predictions from 247Sports: USC to lose 4 games in 2024
- Pac-12 appoints Teresa Gould as commissioner to lead future of conference
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024 - February 20, 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue - February 20, 2024
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten - February 20, 2024