Yahoo Sports: A year ago, as he stood in an elevator foyer inside the Pac-12 Conference’s San Francisco headquarters, Mick Cronin quipped that he cared more about traffic on the 405 than he did about his team being picked to finish toward the bottom of the conference.
The UCLA basketball coach has a similar indifference about being nationally ranked before one game has been played.
UCLA is ranked No. 22 in the Associated Press preseason poll. The last time they were ranked so high, they lost six of nine and the coach was fired.
—More from News Feed—
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction
- Arizona among eight teams with national championship formula, per KenPom
- ESPN puts Stanford hoops’ head coach Jerod Haase on the hot seat
- Cal’s Justin Wilcox: NIL is the No. 1 factor in a football program’s success
- UCLA men’s basketball game a ‘blue out’ versus USC
- Miller Moss-Jayden Maiava spring ball QB battle contains layers at USC
- Report: UO to hire Darren Uscher back from UCLA in personnel, recruiting role
- ASU basketball searching for answers after near-comeback against Washington
- DL Bishop Thomas not expected to be with Buffs football in 2024
- USC 5-star QB commit Julian Lewis plans second recruiting visit to Colorado
- NCAA Committee on Infractions exploring change to penalize ADs, presidents
- Major change coming to college football recruiting calendar
- Who should grace the cover of EA Sports College Football 25?
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41 - February 23, 2024
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama - February 23, 2024
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction - February 23, 2024