Buff Zone: The Pac-12 is having its Big Ten moment.
The unified group of conference executives, presidents, athletic directors and coaches that had navigated the pandemic for six months has fractured, with deep frustration at multiple levels, sources told the Hotline.
The aggravation boiled over after the presidents declined Friday to set a start date for the season, likely delaying the season openers until Nov. 7.
Many teams had hoped to play Oct. 31.
The unified group of conference executives, presidents, athletic directors and coaches that had navigated the pandemic for six months has fractured, with deep frustration at multiple levels.
—More from News Feed—
- Dallas Cowboys part ways with offensive coordinator Kellen Moore
- After 2021 deficit, Boise St athletic department yields small profit in 2022
- Cal men’s basketball’s struggling defense faces daunting path in next 6 games
- Former Husky QB Jacob Eason continues his nomadic journey through the NFL
- San Diego State AD leveraging Big 12 possibility for potential Pac-12 invite
- Lundquist: What we know and what we don’t about BYU’s first Big 12 schedule
- Athlon: Pac-12 football players to replace 5 NFL Draft Early Entrants in 2023
- Wilner mailbag: Impact of Comcast mess, options for Oregon and UW, and more
- How each true freshman football player fared for USC in 2022
- Nick Saban: Player asked for $500K, help getting girlfriend into law school
- Nyckoles Harbor, Duce Robinson headline top 10 uncommitted 2023 recruits
- Cal running back transfer Damien Moore commits to Fresno State
- Former Duck, Chargers QB Justin Herbert undergoes surgery on left shoulder
- 5-star athlete Nyckoles Harbor gets good look at Eugene on official visit
- David Shaw remains on Denver Broncos’ short list as search heats up
- ’24 EDGE Jaxson Jones commits to Ducks days after decommitting from Huskies
- Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett arrested on public intoxication charge
- Oregon transfer DL Keanu Williams commits to UCLA football
- Contract details for Oregon State running backs coach Keith Bhonapha
- Dana Altman details decision to sit Kel’el Ware during Oregon’s win over Utah
- ASU guard DJ Horne suspended for ‘conduct detrimental to the team’
- How new Oregon OC Will Stein’s contract compares to past coordinators
- BYU basketball questions answered in loss against No. 22 Saint Mary’s
- Mapping out USC’s path to the Big Dance: must-win games, overall targets
- Five takeaways from Arizona State’s fourth straight men’s basketball loss
- Cal Included in betting odds of landing 4-star QB Jaden Rashada
- Former USC offensive coordinator might join Nick Saban at Alabama
- Oregon graduate assistant Jake Long to leave Ducks, join Alabama staff
- ESPN analysts’ thoughts on Caleb Williams chances to repeat as Heisman winner
- Pac-12 insider suggests San Diego State, SMU as potential expansion targets
- Dallas Cowboys part ways with offensive coordinator Kellen Moore - January 29, 2023
- After 2021 deficit, Boise St athletic department yields small profit in 2022 - January 29, 2023
- Cal men’s basketball’s struggling defense faces daunting path in next 6 games - January 29, 2023