SportsPressNW.com: Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh grabbed a figurative broom Monday morning and began sweeping out the tide. He released a statement pleading for the 2020 college football season to happen.
“I’m not advocating for football this fall because of my passion or our players’ desire to play but because of the facts accumulated over the last eight weeks since our players returned to campus on June 13,” he wrote. He went on to cite the fact that the Wolverines athletic department has had no positives among the latest 353 players, coaches and staffers tested.
The temptation is to ask Harbaugh the same question Pete Carroll asked of him years ago: “What’s your deal?” But I know his deal.
Preservation of the status quo. At all costs.
Jim Harbaugh wonders why we can't follow COVID-19 rules like Michigan. It's because kids are kids, and the football arms race is as out of control as the pandemic.
—More from News Feed—
- Dillingham learning value of adaptability amid unexpected challenges
- Colorado’s players weren’t insured when Travis Hunter got hurt
- Texas CB Kaden Cook becomes Cal’s third 2025 commitment
- Remembering Andy Avalos’ pick-6 for Boise State in the 2004 Liberty Bowl
- Wyoming safety Buck Coors puts sixth surgery in rearview, keeps fighting
- Rome Odunze’s success leads to multiple NIL deals for UW receiver
- Former Cal hoops coach Todd Bozeman’s son shot, killed in DC nightclub
- Former one-and-done Trojan hoops standout advising Bronny James
- Feldman: Jake Dickert emerges as strong candidate in Michigan State search
- Nick Saban comments on Dan Lanning’s pregame speech on Pat McAfee Show
- Arizona OC Brennan Carroll not expecting low scoring game against Washington
- WSU-OSU vs Pac-12: Preliminary injunction hearing Nov. 14, order extended
- Utah QB Nate Johnson was ‘upset’ with fans booing vs UCLA
- Meet USC WR Zachariah Branch (CFB’s version of Tyreek Hill)
- An oral history of Lane Kiffin’s firing on the tarmac 10 years ago
- Dillingham learning value of adaptability amid unexpected challenges - September 29, 2023
- Colorado’s players weren’t insured when Travis Hunter got hurt - September 29, 2023
- Texas CB Kaden Cook becomes Cal’s third 2025 commitment - September 29, 2023