Posted on May 6, 2023
Stephen starts the episode off by previewing the Miami Grand Prix with various facts about the track.
Greg then gives his take on the layout of the circuit and the international knock on the Grand Prix for being run in a parking lot.
Dane goes on a rant about last year’s questionably poor broadcast of the race, along with his disgruntlement with the overuse of replays during live action. Greg then chimes in with his take on the poor production decisions.
The conversation then transitions to Brad Pitt/Lewis Hamilton’s movie and the controversial decision to allow Pitt to race around the tracks in a real car later this year.
All three hosts lament the poor decision and why fans outside the United States are tired of the Americanization of the series.
NASCAR drivers are the most versatile professional racing drivers in the world. More surfaces, racing styles, track types, than any series.
F1 driver is a true specialist-focused on singular style of racing, while a modern Cup Series driver must be a jack of all trades. Discuss
— landon cassill (@landoncassill) April 30, 2023
Stephen then reads a tweet by NASCAR driver Landon Cassill that took a shot at Formula 1 drivers, and each host gives their reaction.
A brief discussion about NASCAR follows with each host pointing to the similar entertainment-over-racing trend that F1 is heading down.
The episode ends with a discussion of the rumors surrounding Formula 1’s potential purchase of Indy Car, Hamilton’s position in the standings, and the expectations for Ferrari moving forward.
That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 30
—More from Dane Miller—
- That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 32
- Miller: 2021-22 Pac-12 Revenue a Win, But Just a Start
- That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 31
- Round 5 Formula 1 Driver, Rookie, and Constructor Awards
- Round 4 Formula 1 Driver, Rookie, and Constructor Awards
- Miller: 2023 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Preview
- That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 29
- That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 28
- Dane Miller’s 2022-23 Pac-12 Men’s Hoops Season Wrap-up
- Round 3 Formula 1 Driver, Rookie, and Constructor Awards
- That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 27
- Dane Miller’s Pac-12 Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament Preview
- Round 2 Formula 1 Driver, Rookie, and Constructor Awards
- Dane Miller’s 2023 Pac-12 NIT Quarterfinal Preview
- Dane Miller’s 2023 Second-Round Pac-12 NIT Previews
That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 32The team previews the Monaco Grand Prix and discusses the importance qualifying plays - May 27, 2023
Miller: 2021-22 Pac-12 Revenue a Win, But Just a StartSome of the money was not wisely spent, however, and that needs to change - May 20, 2023
That American F1 Show Podcast: Episode 31Greg Kokot and Dane Miller discuss various off-track topics ranging from Ferrari to TV Ratings - May 14, 2023