By Austin Brezina, On3: One of the strangest controversies in college football took shape on Sunday night as Stanford suspended the Stanford Tree.
The person who performs as the iconic Stanford Tree mascot recently held up a banner during their matchup with Arizona State that read “Stanford Hates Fun” — a stunt that has earned him a suspension from the job for the immediate future.
Read the full story…
One of the strangest controversies in college football took shape on Sunday night as Stanford suspended the Stanford Tree.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- ESPN’s Keyshawn Johnson: Colorado is the right landing spot for Deion Sanders
- Report: Rose Bowl agrees to amended deal, paving way for early CFP expansion
- Stanford viewed as the best job opening in college football
- Nebraska interim coach arrested on charges of domestic assault, strangulation
- Report: Rose Bowl ‘strongly considering’ taking Penn State over Ohio State
- Ryan Walters reportedly a finalist for Colorado’s head coach job
- Cardinal Sports Report Stanford football head coach hot board for Nov. 30th
- Florida QB Jalen Kitna arrested, charges reportedly involve child pornography
- David Shaw emphasizes decision to step down isn’t a retirement
- David Shaw’s downfall at Stanford attributed to lost identity and settling
- Will fans show up when Cal hosts USC to open Pac-12 hoops play?
- Oregon State DC Trent Bray’s new contract worth $1.45 million over 2 years
- Gary Patterson reportedly a candidate for UNLV football head coach vacancy
- Oregon hoops guard Brennan Rigsby could make season debut this week
- BYU hoops sets single-game 3-point record in blowout over Westminster
- Who will step up for BYU hoops with Spencer Johnson out with knee injury?
- Utah Athletics announces sellout of Pac-12 Championship ticket allotment
- Summering in the Portal: How ASU overhauled its baseball roster
- UAB hires former Fresno State QB Trent Dilfer as head coach
- For ‘how to’ on transfer portal, ASU’s Dillingham can look to past 2 bosses
- Arizona HC Jedd Fisch addresses challenges of CFB transfer portal
- Canzano: Pac-12 officiating madness must stop, Conference needs solutions
- PFF announces its 2022 college football All-Pac-12 Teams
- College Football Playoff semifinals take shape with latest rankings
- Report: Nevada bolstering offensive staff, adding assistant Angus McClure
- Four players from Pac-12, one from MWC make PFF All-True Freshman Team
- Kinahan: It’s a stretch to label Utah as an underdog against USC
- Mountain West 2022 Football All-Conference teams and individual honors
- Cal Football: Justin Wilcox’s agenda heavy with hiring and recruiting
- Canzano: Will former Oregon OC Kenny Dillingham win big at Arizona State?
- ESPN’s Keyshawn Johnson: Colorado is the right landing spot for Deion Sanders - November 30, 2022
- Report: Rose Bowl agrees to amended deal, paving way for early CFP expansion - November 30, 2022
- Stanford viewed as the best job opening in college football - November 30, 2022