By Alyssa Hertel, USA TODAY: Two members of the U.S. Senate are reintroducing legislation Tuesday that would ensure equal pay for all Americans who represent the country in global athletic competition, regardless of gender.
The Equal Pay for Team USA Act would require that all athletes representing the United States — from those competing in National Team programs to those in the Olympics — receive equal pay for equal play. Not only is financial compensation part of the bill, but it also would ensure that all athletes are afforded the same benefits, medical care, travel budget and reimbursement of expenses.
The legislation would ensure that all athletes representing the United States internationally are compensated equally for athletic performance.
—More from News Feed—
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten
- The case for why Louisville’s Tyler Shough could be 2024’s Michael Penix Jr.
- CFP Board of Managers unanimously approves 5+7 qualifier format
- Washington locks in official visits with handful of coveted prospects
- WSU’s Jones & Rice sweep weekly Pac-12 hoops awards for historic 2nd time
- Stanford lands commitment from 3-star 2025 OL Josh Williams
- Colorado football assistant coaches to make record amount in 2024
- Former Husky co-DC William Inge latest Alabama defection, lands with Vols
- 247Sports: Five college football transfer portal results to monitor in 2024
- Mel Kiper releases updated Top 10 quarterback rankings for 2024 NFL Draft
- Tommy Lloyd gets extension with Arizona men’s basketball thru 2028-29
- 10 daring CFB predictions from 247Sports: USC to lose 4 games in 2024
- Pac-12 appoints Teresa Gould as commissioner to lead future of conference
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024 - February 20, 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue - February 20, 2024
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten - February 20, 2024