ESPN: The Big 12 will continue moving forward with the intent of playing fall football, multiple sources told ESPN on Tuesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report.
The conference’s board of directors met for more than an hour Tuesday to discuss the future of the season in the midst of decisions by the Big Ten and Pac-12 to postpone fall sports until 2021.
Much attention was on the Big 12 meeting after the ACC and SEC publicly affirmed their intentions to continue moving forward.
The Big 12 will continue moving forward with the intent of playing fall football, with a "9-plus-1" schedule slated to begin Sept. 26 and the conference title game taking place either Dec. 12 or Dec. 19.
—More from News Feed—
- Ilaisa Tuiaki is stepping away from defensive coordinator position at BYU
- Mountain West Week 13 winners and losers from final regular-season games
- Lincoln Riley reflects on this year’s journey, bringing Coliseum back to life
- AP Top 25 college football poll reaction: What’s next for each ranked team?
- Report: Wisconsin finalizing deal to hire Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell as HC
- Caleb Williams first USC QB in 25 years to rush for three touchdowns in game
- Zemek: Kenny Dillingham not focused on Oregon in loss to Oregon State
- Canzano: Boosters fume as Oregon Ducks look for answers
- Dodd: Chris Petersen, Bronco Mendenhall among leading options for Stanford HC
- CBS Sports Bowl Projections: USC in CFP, Washington to Rose Bowl
- Borba: Coaching candidates that Stanford football should pursue
- Oregon State comeback over Oregon inspires recruits in attendance
- Bo Nix says he will wait until end of season to decide on future plans
- Green: A nice season for Arizona football, but next year must be even better
- USC’s Caleb Williams has Heisman moment in win over Notre Dame
- Arizona State officially announces Oregon OC Kenny Dillingham as HC
- Stanford coach David Shaw resigns after Cardinal finish 2022 season 3-9
- Oregon linebacker DJ Johnson punches Oregon State fan during field storm
- Prehm: Love the gambles, but it’s time to make right gambles for Oregon staff
- Deion Sanders has ‘legit interest’ in Colorado head coaching job, per report
- ASU alum Kenny Dillingham to lead school as youngest Power 5 head coach
- Willie Taggart fired after three seasons at Florida Atlantic
- DC Alex Grinch comments on USC defensive criticism from CFP committee
- Shaun Aguano, ASU players consider future following Territorial Cup loss
- Pete Thamel on why Lane Kiffin withdrew from Auburn job to stay at Ole Miss
- Colorado offers Deion Sanders coaching job per report
- Nebraska hires Matt Rhule as program’s new coach
- Utah RB Tavion Thomas announces he has played his last game as a Ute
- Arizona’s defense comes up huge late to win first Territorial Cup since 2016
- Coaching carousel rumblings: The latest scuttle around Auburn and elsewhere
- Ilaisa Tuiaki is stepping away from defensive coordinator position at BYU - November 27, 2022
- Mountain West Week 13 winners and losers from final regular-season games - November 27, 2022
- Lincoln Riley reflects on this year’s journey, bringing Coliseum back to life - November 27, 2022