ESPN: The Big 12 will continue moving forward with the intent of playing fall football, multiple sources told ESPN on Tuesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report.
The conference’s board of directors met for more than an hour Tuesday to discuss the future of the season in the midst of decisions by the Big Ten and Pac-12 to postpone fall sports until 2021.
Much attention was on the Big 12 meeting after the ACC and SEC publicly affirmed their intentions to continue moving forward.
The Big 12 will continue moving forward with the intent of playing fall football, with a "9-plus-1" schedule slated to begin Sept. 26 and the conference title game taking place either Dec. 12 or Dec. 19.
—More from News Feed—
- Top 10 quarterbacks in college football transfer portal per On3 Sports
- Report: BYU ‘zeroing in’ on former Baylor OC Jeff Grimes for open position
- Utah guard Deivon Smith’s eligibility waiver denied by NCAA
- NCAA president proposes plan to directly compensate student-athletes
- CBS Sports: Ranking all 41 college football bowl games for 2023-24
- CFP exec dir stands behind ‘ethical, deliberate, detailed’ voting process
- Three scholarship backups no longer on ASU football roster
- Lincoln Riley: QB Caleb Williams to sit out USC’s bowl game
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists
- Wildcats to treat Alamo Bowl as ‘championship game’ after breakout season
- Seven from Pac-12 in latest PFF First-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft
- Texas co-OC Jeff Choate named Nevada Football head coach
- Oregon State turns to Anthony Perkins as DC for Sun Bowl
- Top 10 quarterbacks in college football transfer portal per On3 Sports - December 5, 2023
- Report: BYU ‘zeroing in’ on former Baylor OC Jeff Grimes for open position - December 5, 2023
- Utah guard Deivon Smith’s eligibility waiver denied by NCAA - December 5, 2023