By Ross Dellenger and Pat Forde, Sports Illustrated: The Big 12 is expanding and doing it at warp speed. Less than six weeks after Texas and Oklahoma announced their impending departure to the SEC, the league is poised to add four new members in a process that could culminate in one week’s time.
UCF, Houston, BYU and Cincinnati are expected to apply for Big 12 membership next week and then could be approved for admission in a meeting of Big 12 presidents Sept. 10, multiple sources tell Sports Illustrated.
Read the full story…
UCF, Houston, BYU and Cincinnati are expected to apply for Big 12 membership next week and could be approved for admittance by next Friday, sources tell Sports Illustrated.
—More from News Feed—
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists
- Wildcats to treat Alamo Bowl as ‘championship game’ after breakout season
- Seven from Pac-12 in latest PFF First-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft
- Texas co-OC Jeff Choate named Nevada Football head coach
- Oregon State turns to Anthony Perkins as DC for Sun Bowl
- Dan Lanning offers ‘no pushback’ on Oregon Fiesta Bowl opponent Liberty
- Transfer portal’s best available QBs after Aidan Chiles, others enter
- Spencer Danielson named Boise State football head coach
- Oregon 4-star OL commit Jac’Qawn McRoy takes official visit to Colorado
- One analyst thinks the CFP’s snub of Florida State may have killed the ACC
- UCLA QB coach Ryan Gunderson hired as Oregon State OC
- Utah receiver Devaughn Vele has declared for the NFL Draft
- Oregon among potential landing spots for Oklahoma transfer QB Dillon Gabriel
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season - December 4, 2023
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub - December 4, 2023
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists - December 4, 2023