Coug Center: Let me start with the obvious: Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott needs to be fired. Tomorrow, preferably. Today would be even better! The list of reasons over the years is too numerous to count but news that nearly 90 Pac-12 Networks employees would be furloughed and the conference’s entire digital team would be cut loose is just the cherry on top of the other, pyramid of cherries sitting on top of the cow manure sundae that is his tenure.
The conference will be having cash flow issues just like all of their member institutions to be sure but considering the 12% pay cut Scott took to $4.6 million annually still leaves him as the highest paid commissioner in college athletics by a country mile, it’s a horrible look.
Larry Scott should be fired! But this move would also save millions of dollars and help everyone on the conference pay roll from the top on down.
—More from News Feed—
- SJSU football, men’s basketball and baseball made history in 2022-23
- WSU’s Andrew Edson and his never-ending quest for more speed
- 247Sports: Predicting Big Ten football 2024 schedule; permanent rivals
- Linebacker Eric Gentry returns to USC workouts following ankle surgery
- Oregon sells out Super Regional; awaiting approval for additional seating
- Arizona’s Jordan Geist wins NCAA championship in shot put
- Utes get commitment from Snow College tight end Dallen Bentley
- Big 12 mulling Monterrey as site of 1st Mexico-based bowl game
- Ex-USC football player arrested, charged with raping 2 women
- 247Sports: Teams that could bust the ‘Blue-Chip Ratio’ in 2023
- Oregon Ducks baseball ready for Super Regional challenge From Oral Roberts
- Wilner: Comcast mess leaves Pac-12 far behind in Power 5 FY2023 projections
- Arizona president Robert Robbins talks realignment ahead of UA summit
- Kinahan: ‘News’ cycle churns often on Pac-12, Big 12 storylines
- Report: Arizona softball to hire LMU’s Christian Conrad as pitching coach