AP News: The Associated Press intends to rank teams if major college football games are played this season.
A most unusual season is less than a month away and the preseason AP Top 25 presented by Regions Bank is scheduled to be released Aug. 24, marking the 85th year of its existence. The AP will also release its preseason All-America team the following day.
The AP has asked its voters to consider all Division I teams when filling out their ballots, so the preseason poll is expected to include teams from conferences that have decided not to play this fall. After games begin, voters will rank only teams that are scheduled to play.
NEW YORK (AP) — The Associated Press intends to rank teams if major college football games are played this season. A most unusual season is less than a month away and the preseason AP Top...
—More from News Feed—
- Zemek: USC is leaving the Pac-12, but it still needs the Pac-12 to survive
- Wadleigh: What would the best-case scenario be for each Pac-12 team in 2023?
- On3 Sports: Analyzing schedules projections for 2023 Pac-12 win totals
- 247Sports: Colorado, USC, Oregon, Utah among ESPN College GameDay predictions
- Andy Enfield lauds Los Angeles as ‘No. 1 basketball market in the country’
- 2025 Michigan CB commit Chris Ewald will visit USC
- Reinforcements arrive in Boulder over Memorial Day in prep for summer work
- Athlon: 2023 Oregon State football season preview and prediction
- Stanford to host NCAA baseball tournament regional
- Utah softball stamps ticket to WCWS for first time since 1994
- Program-record 16 Cal track and field athletes headed to NCAA Nationals
- Wilner: ACC shows Pac-12 how to change revenue model for CFP, NCAA Tourney
- OSU earns 3 NCAA women’s T&F berths, most since program reinstated in 2004
- Four-star LB Mark Iheanachor talks new offers and recent Pac-12 visits
- Ex-JSU safety Shilo Sanders officially follows dad Deion, brother to CU