The latest whipsaw development in the tortured path toward a college football season is this: They’re going to try to play.
We have collectively lurched between pessimism and optimism four or five times now. There were moments when a season seemed like an impossibility, and others when it seemed like an inevitability. But after the latest dip in confidence earlier this month, as virus numbers soared across America, we somewhat surprisingly have arrived at the doorstep of August with a plan. It may not be built on much more than hope and hubris, but there is a plan.
—More from News Feed—
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats
- USC suspends reporter two weeks for violating media availability policies
- Where did Puka Nacua come from? Washington and BYU recruiters know
- Pac-12 bowl projections: Washington to the playoff, USC in the New Year’s Six
- How much did victory over Arkansas change BYU’s Big 12 expectations?
- Dan Lanning ‘wasn’t talking about Deion’s team’ when criticizing CU’s history
- Cal football: Jaydn Ott ready to go, but starting QB uncertain
- Sanders: ‘I respect the heck out of [Lanning] and what he’s accomplished’
- Arizona State QB Drew Pyne likely to return, Trenton Bourguet doubtful
- Deion Sanders won’t let Shedeur Sanders leave for the NFL
- Former Duck, Miami TE Cam McCormick petitioning for ninth year of eligibility
- Hawaii judge rejects settlement in Jayden de Laura sexual assault civil case
- Kenny Dillingham calls ASU offensive plays at Tuesday practice
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that - September 20, 2023
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future - September 20, 2023
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats - September 20, 2023