Duck Territory: College basketball in the Pac-12 could be played at an earlier date than January 1st, but as the talk of college basketball bubbles grows, the Pac-12 isn’t interested in creating a bubble for its teams to compete in. Instead, the league is looking into other pathways to play.
“The idea of student-athletes being in a bubble doesn’t resonate well with our university leaders,” said Larry Scott. “When I think of a bubble, I think of what the NBA is doing in Orlando. We’ve said from the beginning we don’t think it would be appropriate.”
The Pac-12 is going to be open for starting their season ahead of January 2021 if it can be done safely, but using a bubble will not be one of the options.
—More from News Feed—
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats
- USC suspends reporter two weeks for violating media availability policies
- Where did Puka Nacua come from? Washington and BYU recruiters know
- Pac-12 bowl projections: Washington to the playoff, USC in the New Year’s Six
- How much did victory over Arkansas change BYU’s Big 12 expectations?
- Dan Lanning ‘wasn’t talking about Deion’s team’ when criticizing CU’s history
- Cal football: Jaydn Ott ready to go, but starting QB uncertain
- Sanders: ‘I respect the heck out of [Lanning] and what he’s accomplished’
- Arizona State QB Drew Pyne likely to return, Trenton Bourguet doubtful
- Deion Sanders won’t let Shedeur Sanders leave for the NFL
- Former Duck, Miami TE Cam McCormick petitioning for ninth year of eligibility
- Hawaii judge rejects settlement in Jayden de Laura sexual assault civil case
- Kenny Dillingham calls ASU offensive plays at Tuesday practice
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that - September 20, 2023
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future - September 20, 2023
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats - September 20, 2023