The Pac-12 CEO Group today approved the 2020 Conference-only fall schedule for football, which features a 10-game slate and number of features designed to provide maximum flexibility. Additionally, the CEO Group approved competition start dates and preseason practice policies for Conference-only seasons for men’s & women’s soccer, women’s volleyball, and men’s & women’s cross country. Practice policies and competition in all cases are subject to the approval of public health authorities and medical advice.
Return-to-competition plans for each of these sports were determined following extensive consultation with the Pac-12’s Medical Advisory Committee. The health and safety of our student-athletes and those connected to Pac-12 sports is our number one priority, and we are prepared to adjust plans if the health situation changes. In addition, the Conference previously announced that Pac-12 student-athletes who choose not to participate in intercollegiate athletics during the coming academic year because of safety concerns about COVID-19 will continue to have their scholarships honored by their university and will remain in good standing with their team.
—More from News Feed—
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction
- Arizona among eight teams with national championship formula, per KenPom
- ESPN puts Stanford hoops’ head coach Jerod Haase on the hot seat
- Cal’s Justin Wilcox: NIL is the No. 1 factor in a football program’s success
- UCLA men’s basketball game a ‘blue out’ versus USC
- Miller Moss-Jayden Maiava spring ball QB battle contains layers at USC
- Report: UO to hire Darren Uscher back from UCLA in personnel, recruiting role
- ASU basketball searching for answers after near-comeback against Washington
- DL Bishop Thomas not expected to be with Buffs football in 2024
- USC 5-star QB commit Julian Lewis plans second recruiting visit to Colorado
- NCAA Committee on Infractions exploring change to penalize ADs, presidents
- Major change coming to college football recruiting calendar
- Who should grace the cover of EA Sports College Football 25?
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41 - February 23, 2024
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama - February 23, 2024
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction - February 23, 2024