By Chris Murray, Nevada Sports Net: With college football’s national championship game being played Monday, the 2021 season is almost over. From the Mountain West’s perspective, the season is over.
And it wasn’t a great year for the league, which didn’t have a team in the AP Top 25 the entire season (Fresno State or Air Force could sneak onto the final poll) and went 3-4 in bowl games.
Read the full story…
It was not a banner year for the Mountain West, but there were some strong showings across the conference.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- Oregon’s Hayward Field will host 2024 US Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Jonathan Smith, Mike Elko attractive Michigan State head coaching candidates
- For BYU’s Darius Lassiter, Big 12 opener at Kansas is incredibly personal
- Wilner picks of the week: Colorado faces its toughest challenge, by far
- Utah football fully embracing ‘next man up’ mentality
- Former Boise State players guiding Idaho HS athletes through coaching
- WSU defensive tackle Rashad McKenzie out for the season, says Jake Dickert
- USC linebackers preparing to ‘get that juice back’ against Arizona State
- Brian Fish returns to assistant coach position for Oregon men’s basketball
- Oregon vs Colorado football game tickets reach ridiculously high prices
- Oregon football recruiting visitor list vs. Colorado
- Promotion/relegation in CFB? Game-changing idea could help save Pac-12
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State - September 21, 2023
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’ - September 21, 2023
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football? - September 21, 2023