Posted on June 29, 2023
The Pac-12 is still working to finalize their media deal that will begin for the 2024-25 athletics season as the last conference yet to agree to a media deal.
That might be something down the line they wish to avoid, which could influence the length of the media deal.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I look at a potential lesson for the Pac-12 to have learned down the line.
Oregon State Football came in at No. 24 in ESPN’s FPI rankings—last updated on April 17th—putting them in a position they have seldom been in since the Pac-12 began.
The consensus top two additions for the Pac-12 are San Diego State. How do they stack up?
The Aztecs are 7-4 against Pac-12 football schools since 2016, and SMU has an NIL collective as well-funded as any remaining school in the Pac after the departure of USC and UCLA.
Why does another school that has given Pac-12 schools trouble, Fresno State, not get major consideration right now?
I lay out why—and why if he had his way, Fresno State would be added in addition to Boise State amidst a 4-school expansion.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 Conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Oregon and Ohio State Unmatched in Big Ten?
- McLaughlin: Would Big Ten or SEC be Better Fit for FSU?
- McLaughlin: Pac-2 Choosing Between CFP Money & Rebuild?
- McLaughlin: Florida State a Step Closer to Leaving ACC?
- McLaughlin: What the New ‘Pac-12’ Commissioner Must Do
- McLaughlin: 9-Game SEC Schedule Would be Good for CFB
- McLaughlin: Will UO’s Highest-Rated Recruits Play in 2024?
- McLaughlin: Some New CFB Playoff Details Still Unknown
- McLaughlin: Utah Set to Benefit Most from Realignment?
- McLaughlin: Kalen DeBoer’s Big OC Problem at Alabama
- McLaughlin: Reaction to Chip Kelly Leaving UCLA for tOSU
- McLaughlin: Should Pac-12 have taken the Apple TV Deal?
- McLaughlin: How Might Player Unions Change CFB?
- McLaughlin: Why is WSU President Delaying CFP Changes?
- McLaughlin: Will NCAA Lawsuits Trigger More Realignment?
McLaughlin: Oregon and Ohio State Unmatched in Big Ten?Spencer is joined by 'Locked On Buckeyes' host Jay Stephens to discuss the challengers - February 23, 2024
McLaughlin: Would Big Ten or SEC be Better Fit for FSU?Spencer also talks about the good moves Lincoln Riley has made at USC in the offseason - February 22, 2024
McLaughlin: Pac-2 Choosing Between CFP Money & Rebuild?Spencer is also joined by Steven Willis of 'Locked On Ole Miss' to talk about the Rebels - February 21, 2024