BuffZone: During the Colorado Buffaloes’ first spring scrimmage in 1985, the offense fumbled 18 times.
“I can remember coming into the old locker room that was there and (defensive coordinator) Lou Tepper says, ‘There will be better days,’” said Gary Barnett, CU’s quarterbacks/fullbacks coach in 1985.
There were eight fumbles in the second scrimmage and four in the third, Barnett said.
—More from News Feed—
- Four-year ESPN probe identifies failures before a Utah athlete’s slaying
- Call: Is adding San Diego State to the Pac-12 a ‘no-brainer’?
- Graney: Mountain West must be ready if San Diego State bolts for Pac-12
- Miki Suguturaga’s move to tight end potential ‘home run’ opportunity for Utes
- Connon: Previewing UCLA men’s basketball’s offseason roster moves
- Lincoln Riley on recruiting QB’s: ‘If he’s scared,’ USC not the place for him
- Fast rising QB Dermaricus Davis talks Oregon St. visit, Nevada & WSU up next
- Dan Lanning details what goes into hiring assistant coaches
- Kenny Dillingham’s energy becoming integral part of ASU football
- BYU football boasts top transfers in Big 12 for 2023 season
- Utah Athletics Director Mark Harlan named AD Of The Year
- UW’s Ryan Grubb, Utah’s Andy Ludwig in top 3 of PFF’s top 10 OC’s
- Tad Boyle to lead USA U19 team at FIBA men’s World Cup in Hungary
- Borba: Breaking down why Deion Sanders and Colorado are set to take over CFB
- WSU transfer TJ Bamba hears from Arizona, Oregon and seven other schools
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)
- Four-year ESPN probe identifies failures before a Utah athlete’s slaying - March 28, 2023
- Call: Is adding San Diego State to the Pac-12 a ‘no-brainer’? - March 28, 2023
- Graney: Mountain West must be ready if San Diego State bolts for Pac-12 - March 28, 2023