By On3 Sports Staff: No. 6 USC hasn’t been the most stout defensive team in the country, but the Trojans have managed to get the job done when and where it matters most in a 4-0 start. Head coach Lincoln Riley has been very pleased with USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch.
Grinch, who has some previous Pac-12 experience from a three-year stint as Washington State‘s defensive coordinator from 2015-17, has helped produce a defense that leads the country with 14 takeaways.
Read the full story…
Lincoln Riley assessed the performance of USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, who has the Trojans leading the nation in takeaways.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Top 10 quarterbacks in college football transfer portal per On3 Sports
- Report: BYU ‘zeroing in’ on former Baylor OC Jeff Grimes for open position
- Utah guard Deivon Smith’s eligibility waiver denied by NCAA
- NCAA president proposes plan to directly compensate student-athletes
- CBS Sports: Ranking all 41 college football bowl games for 2023-24
- CFP exec dir stands behind ‘ethical, deliberate, detailed’ voting process
- Three scholarship backups no longer on ASU football roster
- Lincoln Riley: QB Caleb Williams to sit out USC’s bowl game
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists
- Wildcats to treat Alamo Bowl as ‘championship game’ after breakout season
- Seven from Pac-12 in latest PFF First-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft
- Texas co-OC Jeff Choate named Nevada Football head coach
- Oregon State turns to Anthony Perkins as DC for Sun Bowl
- Top 10 quarterbacks in college football transfer portal per On3 Sports - December 5, 2023
- Report: BYU ‘zeroing in’ on former Baylor OC Jeff Grimes for open position - December 5, 2023
- Utah guard Deivon Smith’s eligibility waiver denied by NCAA - December 5, 2023