Posted on November 1, 2022
Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Utah all look solid, and they don’t seem likely to lose except to each other.
Projections at this time of year are less speculative than in September and October, but there’s still a good chance that what we think will happen now won’t align with the actual bowl matchups come December.
Here are my latest predictions on where Conference teams will land in the postseason.
Rose Bowl – Oregon vs. Michigan
2:00 p.m., PT, ESPN, Jan. 2, 2023, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA
I’m torn about the Ducks. I don’t think they’re a CFP team. I also don’t have a game I can call them losing now.
I’ll settle on a Rose Bowl trip.
Cotton Bowl – UCLA vs. Kansas State
10:00 a.m., PT, ESPN, January 2, 2023, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
I’m giving the Bruins the edge over the Trojans right now.
Could they beat Oregon in a rematch on a neutral field if given the chance? I’m not sure.
Alamo Bowl – USC vs. Baylor
6:00 p.m., PT, ESPN, December 29, 2022, Alamodome, San Antonio, TX
I don’t trust the Trojans.
I think two conference losses send them to San Antonio.
Holiday Bowl – Utah vs. Florida State
5:00 p.m., PT, FOX, December 28, 2022, Petco Park, San Diego, CA
Utah’s season now hinges on avoiding upsets and winning at Oregon.
I don’t think they can get the Ducks on the road.
Las Vegas Bowl – Washington vs. Florida
4:30 p.m., PT, ABC, December 17, 2022, Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV
Washington is an interesting team.
They can be dangerous if they get any kind of defense. That might take another season to happen.
Sun Bowl – Oregon State vs. Louisville
11:00 a.m., PT, CBS, December 30, 2022, Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX
The Beavers have a major swing game at Washington on Friday.
Get the win and climb the ladder or lose and land in El Paso.
Los Angeles Bowl – Washington State vs. Boise State
12:30 p.m., PT, ABC, December 17, 2022, SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
The Cougars are fading and just getting to a bowl is solid now.
—More from Jack Follman—
- Jack Follman’s 2022-23 Pac-12 All-NFL Team
- Jack Follman’s Updated Two-Round 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s Top 2023 Pac-12 Football Impact Freshman
- Jack Follman’s Top 12 Incoming Pac-12 Football Transfers
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early 2023 Pac-12 Bowl Projections
- Jack Follman’s Best 2023 Pac-12 Conference Football Games
- Jack Follman’s Best 2023 Pac-12 Nonconference Games
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early 2023 College Football Top 25
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early All-Pac-12 Teams for 2023
- Jack Follman’s Christmas 2023 Pac-12 NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest Pac-12 All-Freshman Teams
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest All-Pac-12 Football Teams
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest Pac-12 Annual Awards
- Jack Follman’s 10 Thoughts on Week 13 in the West
- Jack Follman’s Week 14 Pac-12 Bowl Projections
Jack Follman’s 2022-23 Pac-12 All-NFL TeamThere’s been a slight changing of the guard as some veterans age out and new stars emerge - February 17, 2023
Jack Follman’s Updated Two-Round 2023 NFL Mock DraftA picture of where Pac-12 players might go in the first couple of rounds is starting to take shape - February 13, 2023
Jack Follman’s Top 2023 Pac-12 Football Impact FreshmanWith both signing days behind us, we know who the top incoming freshman will be in 2023 - February 10, 2023