Yahoo Sports: On Tuesday, the Big Ten and Pac-12 canceled fall sports, including football.
On Saturday, the FDA approved a coronavirus testing system known as SalivaDirect, which was developed by Yale University in conjunction with the NBA and the NBA Players Association.
SalivaDirect is considered a “game changer” in testing because it is cheaper (as low as $4 a test), faster (results can come within a couple of hours and be handled by nearly any lab in the country) and easier (saliva, not nasal swabs) than current tests.
The inability to test quickly and in a cost-effective manner was one of the chief hurdles to attempting to stage a college football season.
—More from News Feed—
- ACC ref reportedly suspended for blatantly bad call in Cal-Notre Dame game
- New contract for Utah DC Morgan Scalley includes $1.4M salary, big buyout
- Boise State, one-time G5 power, getting called out after loss to UTEP
- Stanford starting O-Lineman Myles Hinton out at UW with injury
- 4-star WR Jeremiah McClure focusing on UCLA, Washington and two other schools
- Lincoln Riley hopes he will never have to answer specific questions at USC
- BYU to honor Wyoming’s ‘Black 14’ at football game
- Buffs’ players remain confident as Colorado aims to get on track
- Mike Leach questions how Texas spent $280,000 on Arch Manning’s visit
- Ex-WSU coach Nick Rolovich on why he didn’t comply with vaccine mandate
- Reggie Bush reveals new details as he describes NCAA’s ‘sloppy’ probe
- Martin Stadium sold out for Oregon Ducks vs. Washington State Cougars
- Slaughter: 5 Reasons why Oregon State can beat the Trojans
- BYU and Wyoming have had an intense, unfriendly football rivalry; Is it back?
- Several questions unanswered as Buffs prepare for conference opener
- Pac-12 hires UO’s Lisa Peterson as sr assoc commissioner for sports mgmt
- George Kliavkoff cites ‘significant’ financial, other concerns in UCLA move
- NorCal 2025 QB Willie Nickson talks unofficial visit to Washington
- Former UCLA basketball player Greg Lee dies at the age of 70
- Arizona State football going with blackout uniforms vs. No. 13 Utah
- Utes taking business-like approach into Pac-12 opener against the Sun Devils
- CFB recruit who left BYU-Oregon game over chant to attend BYU-Wyoming
- Rooney: Clock ticking on Karl Dorrell’s quest to reverse fortunes of Buffs
- Bettors flock to Oregon State after initial line favors USC by two touchdowns
- USC rush end Romello Height likely out for season after shoulder surgery
- UNC brass discussed potential ACC, Pac-12 ‘super conference,’ per report
- Garrison: Five ways SDSU can improve its struggling offense
- Oregon players know Martin Stadium might be small, but it packs a punch
- Would UCLA really be worse off financially in Big Ten? A look at the numbers
- 247Sports: Analyzing Washington’s fast start and strong recruiting class
- ACC ref reportedly suspended for blatantly bad call in Cal-Notre Dame game - September 24, 2022
- New contract for Utah DC Morgan Scalley includes $1.4M salary, big buyout - September 24, 2022
- Boise State, one-time G5 power, getting called out after loss to UTEP - September 24, 2022