ESPN: The days run together now, one bleeding into the next and into the next, making it impossible to remember much of anything. The important details, those stick. Ohio State center Josh Myers remembers the message players received last Tuesday. Coach Ryan Day called a team meeting. Not a virtual meeting, mind you. An actual team meeting, inside their indoor football facility.
When Myers and his teammates walked in, they saw plastic chairs spaced more than six feet apart. Everyone wore a mask. The players had no illusions about what they were about to hear, even if Myers held on to some hope that maybe, just maybe, Big Ten presidents and chancellors and administrators would float them a last-second Hail Mary.
With so many conferences postponing their season, the truth is, many players might never put on a college football uniform again.
—More from News Feed—
- As Pac-12 searches for media deal, one wonders what plans have been floated
- Beckwith: Pac-12 shouldn’t commit to tech companies but may not have choice
- Wetzel: Why the remaining Pac-12 schools should stick together
- Wilner: Does SMU create value for Pac-12? ‘Probably helps,’ one analyst says
- Reports: FOX no longer involved in Pac-12 media rights negotiations
- Zemek: Pac-12 basketball’s future is tied almost exclusively to Arizona
- UC investigating Cal AD Jim Knowlton, Associate AD Jennifer Simon-O’Neill
- Four from SuperWest among CFB’s top running backs on the rise for 2023
- USC safety Bryson Shaw endorses Alex Grinch, scouts new defensive additions
- ASU’s pass-catcher competition includes ‘deep wideout and TE positions’
- BYU’s New Mexico Bowl hero to miss remainder of spring practices
- ESPN’s 2023 Mountain West college football preview
- Dana Altman, Oregon MBB enter offseason knowing changes necessary
- 247Sports: USC DE, UW CB battles could impact College Football Playoff race
- Lincoln Riley jokes about ‘rare’ opportunity to practice in the elements
- As Pac-12 searches for media deal, one wonders what plans have been floated - March 24, 2023
- Beckwith: Pac-12 shouldn’t commit to tech companies but may not have choice - March 24, 2023
- Wetzel: Why the remaining Pac-12 schools should stick together - March 24, 2023