By Sam Gillenwater, On3 Sports: Jonathan Smith is the new coach in East Lansing as one of the earlier hires on the coaching carousel this offseason. He was also one of the best decisions by any program according to the opinion of Greg McElroy.
McElroy spoke about Smith getting the gig at Michigan State during ‘Always College Football’ last week. To him, his hire is right up there among one of the one or two best of the cycle. Part of that is because of his work in developing players while another is the success that he was able to generate over his six seasons in Corvallis, specifically their past two.
Read the full story…
McElroy loved the hire of Smith at Michigan State considering what all he expects him to bring into the Spartan program.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten
- The case for why Louisville’s Tyler Shough could be 2024’s Michael Penix Jr.
- CFP Board of Managers unanimously approves 5+7 qualifier format
- Washington locks in official visits with handful of coveted prospects
- WSU’s Jones & Rice sweep weekly Pac-12 hoops awards for historic 2nd time
- Stanford lands commitment from 3-star 2025 OL Josh Williams
- Colorado football assistant coaches to make record amount in 2024
- Former Husky co-DC William Inge latest Alabama defection, lands with Vols
- 247Sports: Five college football transfer portal results to monitor in 2024
- Mel Kiper releases updated Top 10 quarterback rankings for 2024 NFL Draft
- Tommy Lloyd gets extension with Arizona men’s basketball thru 2028-29
- 10 daring CFB predictions from 247Sports: USC to lose 4 games in 2024
- Pac-12 appoints Teresa Gould as commissioner to lead future of conference
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024 - February 20, 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue - February 20, 2024
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten - February 20, 2024