Star Lotulelei won’t take the field in 2020, as the Buffalo Bills defensive tackle and former University of Utah standout has voluntarily chosen to opt out of playing this season.
The NFL and NFL Players Association reached an agreement that allows players to opt out of this fall’s season over concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, league players will have seven days to decide whether to opt out this season once the agreement is signed.
—More from News Feed—
- WR Eric McAlister found people who care about him, now he’s thriving at BSU
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both
- USC forward Vince Iwuchukwu to return first half of season after back surgery
- Former Duck Oti Gildon returning to WBB staff as dir of player development
- Utah football reveals Homecoming uniform with Sugar Bowl twist
- BYU’s Jewish QB is balancing football with High Holy Days this month
- Coach Prime says Shedeur Sanders isn’t a ‘backseat rider’ to Caleb Williams
- Colorado is ‘transcending sport’ with Deion Sanders, Big 12 commish says
- Oregon State AD sees value of potential relegation model in college football
- Thamel: Arizona St. to start QB Drew Pyne as injuries mount
- WSU, OSU anticipate fuller Pac-12 picture within next month
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- WR Eric McAlister found people who care about him, now he’s thriving at BSU - September 22, 2023
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’ - September 22, 2023
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both - September 22, 2023