247Sports: One former USC Trojans golf star came back to win on the LPGA Tour on Sunday. Sophia Popov, who played golf for USC from 2010-14, won the AIG Women’s Open (Women’s British Open) on Sunday.
The Women’s Open is one of five major championships on the LPGA Tour. Popov shot a three-under (-3) 68 to win the tournament by two strokes over second place finisher Jasmine Suwannapura. Popov finished seven-under (-7) for the tournament.
—More from News Feed—
- Wilner: Pac-12 Conference athletic department power ratings
- Mario Cristobal reveals his Miami pitch to football recruits
- Lincoln Riley evaluates the current state of USC’s roster entering Year 2
- WSU’s Justin Powell will test NBA Draft waters but there’s more to the story
- UCLA’s Jaylen Clark named NABC Defensive Player of the Year
- Oregon transfer Kel’el Ware drawing interest from marquee programs
- ASU has ‘worst practice by far’, OL Ben Coleman out for 1st half of season
- Former Utah offensive lineman trying out for WrestleMania
- Colorado spring game nearly sold out ahead of Deion Sanders’ first season
- Congress to hold first NIL hearing as new NCAA prez seeks antitrust exemption
- Top 10 CFB programs entering 2023 season per 247Sports
- Possible CFB recruiting rule changes ‘may keep more coaches in college’
- USC’s Lincoln Riley 4th highest-paid CFB coach entering 2023 season
- Four-year ESPN probe identifies failures before a Utah athlete’s slaying
- Call: Is adding San Diego State to the Pac-12 a ‘no-brainer’?
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)
- Wilner: Pac-12 Conference athletic department power ratings - March 29, 2023
- Mario Cristobal reveals his Miami pitch to football recruits - March 29, 2023
- Lincoln Riley evaluates the current state of USC’s roster entering Year 2 - March 29, 2023