Chargers.com: Being a rookie in 2020 is virtually – no pun intended – uncharted territory.
Whereas training camp would usually be a checked box in their offseason program schedule, it’s become the first time they’ve gotten to take the field as members of their newest team.
For Justin Herbert, despite having no OTAs or minicamp, he did get an opportunity to work out with some of his teammates before camp began. But in order to further his development, he also turned to someone who came before him for advice on being a pro.
"It's never about how low it gets. It's always about climbing back up and doing better the next day, and never letting your past mistakes affect your future. So he really helped me with that."
—More from News Feed—
- Utah, Oregon St recruits among notable risers in final 2023 Top247 rankings
- 247Sports: Sean Miller a contender for midseason National Coach of the Year
- Boise State’s Billy Bowens played through significant hand injury in 2022
- Coach Prime tops CBS Sports 5 key storylines to watch on National Signing Day
- The top transfer portal addition for each of USC’s 2023 opponents
- With new stadium and surging program, San Diego State an easy case for Pac-12
- Oregon lands commitment from former 4-star Ole Miss safety Tysheem Johnson
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley taking different approach than in past after tough losses
- Canzano: Emptying my notebook on Bronny James, broadcasting and QBs
- Drew: Did BYU football get better or worse via the transfer portal?
- Blue-chippers flocking to first big junior day of Coach Prime era at Colorado
- Jake Dickert breaks down each of Washington State’s new position coaches
- BYU hoops mailbag: State of the program, recruiting, Big 12, and more
- USC QB Caleb Williams listed among top CBS prospects for 2024 NFL Draft
- After showing potentially its worst, UA men’s hoops showed best last weekend
- Nemec prediction: Washington Huskies to land one of nation’s top QB prospects
- Audit shows LSU’s Brian Kelly mistakenly overpaid by over $1 million in 2022
- Why Deion Sanders said he’d never work with Nike again…but is now, sort of
- Jake Dickert’s contract extended by Washington State through 2027 season
- Weiner: Omari Moore navigating pressures of being SJSU’s leading man
- ESPN analyst Greg McElroy: Ducks headed in right direction under Dan Lanning
- Canzano: Latest fiasco clouds Pac-12’s path as Scott era questions remain
- Survey: Only 8% of student-athletes say NIL is a ‘locker room problem’
- Five SuperWest hoops signees named to McDonald’s All-American team
- What Deion Sanders’ 40-40-20 model might mean for Colorado
- Updated list of Oregon visitors on final weekend before signing day
- Bahns: Ranking Oregon State’s 2023 football games by difficulty
- ESPN analyst on Deion Sanders coverage: ‘You feel a certain way’
- Gary Payton believes NBA will add team in Seattle, eyes ownership
- Three-star SoCal OL Sean Na’a commits to ASU following Tempe visit
- Utah, Oregon St recruits among notable risers in final 2023 Top247 rankings - January 26, 2023
- 247Sports: Sean Miller a contender for midseason National Coach of the Year - January 26, 2023
- Boise State’s Billy Bowens played through significant hand injury in 2022 - January 26, 2023