By Matt Zemek, Trojans Wire: This is a USC story, but it is also a Pac-12 story and — beyond that — a teachable moment for any organization trying to restore its brand and bolster its wider reputation.
When a company or church or school with a proud history falls on tough times, it is natural to put a smiley face on a difficult situation.
Much as the Pac-12 projected insecurity about making the 12-team playoff, USC projected insecurity about its football program by locking the replies to a Happy Birthday tweet for Clay Helton.
—More from News Feed—
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges
- G5 coaches speak out on programs becoming ‘farm system’ for Power Four teams
- CU football’s Carter Stoutmire changing positions ahead of sophomore season
- Why trend of CFB coaches bolting to NFL, lesser jobs has no end in sight
- Johnny Manziel says father secretly tried to negotiate for $3M from Texas A&M
- Players opting to appear in new EA Sports CFB video game will receive $600
- 247Sports: Pac-12 hoops tournament projected seeds, schedule, tiebreakers
- CFP officials discuss expanding to 14-team playoff in 2026
- 247Sports: 2 from SuperWest among CFB’s recruits who could play right away
- Deion Sanders drives 51% jump in Colorado multimedia revenue in 2023
- CBS Sports: Early CFP predictions under 5+7 model in 12-team format for 2024
- Kirk Schulz says ‘not a lot of support’ for Pac-12 in 2026 CFP contract
- Injured Husky center Franck Kepnang officially out for rest of season
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision - February 22, 2024
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers - February 22, 2024
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges - February 22, 2024