CBS Sports: It’s hard to categorize the earth-shifting events over the last five months. We have gone from no NCAA Tournament to considering … no NCAA. Players are becoming a third rail in the college athletics power structure, seeking a seat along with coaches and television.
The earth shifted through a combination of two battles — COVID-19 and social justice. The pandemic not only caused a budget crisis, it exposed a leadership vacuum.
Into that vacuum may have stepped the players themselves, the labor force this enterprise is entirely built upon.
—More from News Feed—
- WR Eric McAlister found people who care about him, now he’s thriving at BSU
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both
- USC forward Vince Iwuchukwu to return first half of season after back surgery
- Former Duck Oti Gildon returning to WBB staff as dir of player development
- Utah football reveals Homecoming uniform with Sugar Bowl twist
- BYU’s Jewish QB is balancing football with High Holy Days this month
- Coach Prime says Shedeur Sanders isn’t a ‘backseat rider’ to Caleb Williams
- Colorado is ‘transcending sport’ with Deion Sanders, Big 12 commish says
- Oregon State AD sees value of potential relegation model in college football
- Thamel: Arizona St. to start QB Drew Pyne as injuries mount
- WSU, OSU anticipate fuller Pac-12 picture within next month
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- WR Eric McAlister found people who care about him, now he’s thriving at BSU - September 22, 2023
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’ - September 22, 2023
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both - September 22, 2023