By Alex Weber, On3 Sports: We now know part of the future College Football Playoff scheduling format. According to The Athletic’s Nicole Auerbach, the initial playoff First-Round games will occur on the weekend, with one game played Friday night and the other three on Saturday the next day.
However, with the added teams and lengthened playoffs, the CFP semifinals now line up with the NFL’s wildcard weekend. So, per Auerbach, those semifinal games will be moved to weeknight slots to avoid NFL competition.
Read the full story…
We now know part of the future College Football Playoff scheduling format, thanks to The Athletic's Nicole Auerbach
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Canzano: ‘Big 12 Mexico’ makes a lot more sense than ‘Pac-12 China’
- BYU’s Kalani Sitake turns to recruiting class of 2024 after plumbing portal
- NCAA made ‘big mistake’ not setting NIL compensation framework
- Heisman Trophy contenders: The Pac-12’s Top 5 candidates in 2023
- USC-Michigan, other Big Ten matchups leak ahead of 2024 CFB schedule release
- Who will start at cornerback for Boise State football in 2023?
- Next Big 12 Expansion Team Odds: Colorado, Arizona, Memphis the favorites
- Pac-12 presidents ‘solely focused’ on TV deal expected ‘soon’
- SJSU football, men’s basketball and baseball made history in 2022-23
- WSU’s Andrew Edson and his never-ending quest for more speed
- 247Sports: Predicting Big Ten football 2024 schedule; permanent rivals
- Linebacker Eric Gentry returns to USC workouts following ankle surgery
- Oregon sells out Super Regional; awaiting approval for additional seating
- Arizona’s Jordan Geist wins NCAA championship in shot put
- Utes get commitment from Snow College tight end Dallen Bentley