USA Today: A different college football season in 2020 will require a unique approach to handling the Amway Coaches Poll this fall.
Due to decisions by the Big Ten, Pac-12, Mid-American Conference and Mountain West and four other schools to not play in the fall, the teams of those schools will not be eligible to receive votes and the respective coaches from the panel will not cast ballots this fall. The adjustment leaves a panel of 42 coaches voting this season.
With just six of 10 conferences planning to play college football this fall, the Amway Coaches Poll will adjust how it manages voters and teams.
—More from News Feed—
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats
- USC suspends reporter two weeks for violating media availability policies
- Where did Puka Nacua come from? Washington and BYU recruiters know
- Pac-12 bowl projections: Washington to the playoff, USC in the New Year’s Six
- How much did victory over Arkansas change BYU’s Big 12 expectations?
- Dan Lanning ‘wasn’t talking about Deion’s team’ when criticizing CU’s history
- Cal football: Jaydn Ott ready to go, but starting QB uncertain
- Sanders: ‘I respect the heck out of [Lanning] and what he’s accomplished’
- Arizona State QB Drew Pyne likely to return, Trenton Bourguet doubtful
- Deion Sanders won’t let Shedeur Sanders leave for the NFL
- Former Duck, Miami TE Cam McCormick petitioning for ninth year of eligibility
- Hawaii judge rejects settlement in Jayden de Laura sexual assault civil case
- Kenny Dillingham calls ASU offensive plays at Tuesday practice
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that - September 20, 2023
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future - September 20, 2023
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats - September 20, 2023