247Sports: The CFB Playoff selection committee met virtually in the week to prepare for the season, reviewing plans for weekly announcements and finalizing a list of members that will be moved from voting, depending on each team.
The CFB Playoff’s final rankings are set to be released on selection day, Dec. 20 — a two-week delay from the original date of Dec. 6 — with New Year’s Six bowl games included. The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, and the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans are the CFB Playoff semifinals.
In addition to the date-change for the final rankings show, the CFB Playoff also announced Aug. 5 that teams participating in the New Year’s Six — including the semifinals — and the national championship game will arrive closer to game day than usual as means of reducing travel.
—More from News Feed—
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats
- USC suspends reporter two weeks for violating media availability policies
- Where did Puka Nacua come from? Washington and BYU recruiters know
- Pac-12 bowl projections: Washington to the playoff, USC in the New Year’s Six
- How much did victory over Arkansas change BYU’s Big 12 expectations?
- Dan Lanning ‘wasn’t talking about Deion’s team’ when criticizing CU’s history
- Cal football: Jaydn Ott ready to go, but starting QB uncertain
- Sanders: ‘I respect the heck out of [Lanning] and what he’s accomplished’
- Arizona State QB Drew Pyne likely to return, Trenton Bourguet doubtful
- Deion Sanders won’t let Shedeur Sanders leave for the NFL
- Former Duck, Miami TE Cam McCormick petitioning for ninth year of eligibility
- Hawaii judge rejects settlement in Jayden de Laura sexual assault civil case
- Kenny Dillingham calls ASU offensive plays at Tuesday practice
- UCLA’s Chip Kelly on USC suspending reporter: I didn’t know you can do that - September 20, 2023
- OSU, WSU have showcase opportunity in historic matchup amid uncertain future - September 20, 2023
- Oregon football set to wear exclusive color-changing cleats - September 20, 2023