Yahoo Sports: The 2020 college football season is teetering on the brink, and throughout the sport the question isn’t so much if it will be canceled as opposed to who will do the canceling.
The prime contenders: the Big Ten and the Pac-12.
As of now the season is officially still on, at least mostly.
The Mid-American Conference pulled the plug on its season Saturday morning, affecting 12 schools. The University of Connecticut, an independent, had already done so individually on Wednesday.
The Jenga tower of a sport is just waiting for the wrong block to be pulled from underneath it. All eyes are on two of the nation’s Power Five conferences doing the tugging.
—More from News Feed—
- ACC ref reportedly suspended for blatantly bad call in Cal-Notre Dame game
- New contract for Utah DC Morgan Scalley includes $1.4M salary, big buyout
- Boise State, one-time G5 power, getting called out after loss to UTEP
- Stanford starting O-Lineman Myles Hinton out at UW with injury
- 4-star WR Jeremiah McClure focusing on UCLA, Washington and two other schools
- Lincoln Riley hopes he will never have to answer specific questions at USC
- BYU to honor Wyoming’s ‘Black 14’ at football game
- Buffs’ players remain confident as Colorado aims to get on track
- Mike Leach questions how Texas spent $280,000 on Arch Manning’s visit
- Ex-WSU coach Nick Rolovich on why he didn’t comply with vaccine mandate
- Reggie Bush reveals new details as he describes NCAA’s ‘sloppy’ probe
- Martin Stadium sold out for Oregon Ducks vs. Washington State Cougars
- Slaughter: 5 Reasons why Oregon State can beat the Trojans
- BYU and Wyoming have had an intense, unfriendly football rivalry; Is it back?
- Several questions unanswered as Buffs prepare for conference opener
- Pac-12 hires UO’s Lisa Peterson as sr assoc commissioner for sports mgmt
- George Kliavkoff cites ‘significant’ financial, other concerns in UCLA move
- NorCal 2025 QB Willie Nickson talks unofficial visit to Washington
- Former UCLA basketball player Greg Lee dies at the age of 70
- Arizona State football going with blackout uniforms vs. No. 13 Utah
- Utes taking business-like approach into Pac-12 opener against the Sun Devils
- CFB recruit who left BYU-Oregon game over chant to attend BYU-Wyoming
- Rooney: Clock ticking on Karl Dorrell’s quest to reverse fortunes of Buffs
- Bettors flock to Oregon State after initial line favors USC by two touchdowns
- USC rush end Romello Height likely out for season after shoulder surgery
- UNC brass discussed potential ACC, Pac-12 ‘super conference,’ per report
- Garrison: Five ways SDSU can improve its struggling offense
- Oregon players know Martin Stadium might be small, but it packs a punch
- Would UCLA really be worse off financially in Big Ten? A look at the numbers
- 247Sports: Analyzing Washington’s fast start and strong recruiting class
- ACC ref reportedly suspended for blatantly bad call in Cal-Notre Dame game - September 24, 2022
- New contract for Utah DC Morgan Scalley includes $1.4M salary, big buyout - September 24, 2022
- Boise State, one-time G5 power, getting called out after loss to UTEP - September 24, 2022