Yahoo Sports: In the late summer sun, Lusk Reservoir winked with possibility as it splayed out in the backdrop of Michie Stadium. On a radiant day cast from a United States Military Academy postcard, Army’s football team exuded one of the eternal powers of college football — hope.
On the first Saturday of the college football season, Army football left us dreaming that there could be a dozen more like it for the 76 FBS teams still attempting to navigate this season. Could the September sun give way to fall foliage and, perhaps, November snow spits?
While there have already been a handful of college football games this season, Army playing in the opening time slot of the sport’s first Saturday was the most visceral reminder of what this season could be.
—More from News Feed—
- As Pac-12 searches for media deal, one wonders what plans have been floated
- Beckwith: Pac-12 shouldn’t commit to tech companies but may not have choice
- Wetzel: Why the remaining Pac-12 schools should stick together
- Wilner: Does SMU create value for Pac-12? ‘Probably helps,’ one analyst says
- Reports: FOX no longer involved in Pac-12 media rights negotiations
- Zemek: Pac-12 basketball’s future is tied almost exclusively to Arizona
- UC investigating Cal AD Jim Knowlton, Associate AD Jennifer Simon-O’Neill
- Four from SuperWest among CFB’s top running backs on the rise for 2023
- USC safety Bryson Shaw endorses Alex Grinch, scouts new defensive additions
- ASU’s pass-catcher competition includes ‘deep wideout and TE positions’
- BYU’s New Mexico Bowl hero to miss remainder of spring practices
- ESPN’s 2023 Mountain West college football preview
- Dana Altman, Oregon MBB enter offseason knowing changes necessary
- 247Sports: USC DE, UW CB battles could impact College Football Playoff race
- Lincoln Riley jokes about ‘rare’ opportunity to practice in the elements
- As Pac-12 searches for media deal, one wonders what plans have been floated - March 24, 2023
- Beckwith: Pac-12 shouldn’t commit to tech companies but may not have choice - March 24, 2023
- Wetzel: Why the remaining Pac-12 schools should stick together - March 24, 2023