By James Crepea, The Oregonian/OregonLive: Oregon’s depleted defense is going to rely on several freshmen to play significant snaps in the Holiday Bowl.
The No. 15 Ducks (9-3) are without starters DJ Johnson, Noah Sewell and Christian Gonzalez, all of whom opted out to begin preparing for the NFL Draft instead of playing against North Carolina on Wednesday (5 p.m., FOX) at Petco Park.
Read the full story…
With the top player at all three levels of the defense gone and several from lower on the depth chart having entered the transfer portal, UO is thin at edge rush and inside linebacker and freshmen Anthony Jones, Devon Jackson and Harrison Taggart could all stand to benefit and see their most playing time yet.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- NCAA announces new waiver guidelines for multi-time transfers
- Arizona collective gifts Bose headphones to football team in NIL partnership
- Canzano mailbag: Pac-12, Larry Scott, Trail Blazers, Bill Walton, and more
- USC, Utah among 5 Teams with best chance to make CFP for first time in 2023
- Gonzaga used Villanova’s same 2016 title-winning play to beat UCLA
- Utah St. WR Josh Davis upgraded to fair condition after cardiac arrest
- As Pac-12 searches for media deal, one wonders what plans have been floated
- Beckwith: Pac-12 shouldn’t commit to tech companies but may not have choice
- Wetzel: Why the remaining Pac-12 schools should stick together
- Wilner: Does SMU create value for Pac-12? ‘Probably helps,’ one analyst says
- Reports: FOX no longer involved in Pac-12 media rights negotiations
- Zemek: Pac-12 basketball’s future is tied almost exclusively to Arizona
- UC investigating Cal AD Jim Knowlton, Associate AD Jennifer Simon-O’Neill
- Four from SuperWest among CFB’s top running backs on the rise for 2023
- USC safety Bryson Shaw endorses Alex Grinch, scouts new defensive additions
- NCAA announces new waiver guidelines for multi-time transfers - March 25, 2023
- Arizona collective gifts Bose headphones to football team in NIL partnership - March 25, 2023
- Canzano mailbag: Pac-12, Larry Scott, Trail Blazers, Bill Walton, and more - March 25, 2023