By Chris Hummer, 247Sports: Who can win a national championship in 2023? 247Sports’ Bud Elliott attempted to answer that question Tuesday morning with the release of his annual blue-chip ratio. That metric is an annual cutoff based on a roster’s high school recruiting makeup that says if a team does or does not have the necessary talent to win a national title.
If your roster has over 50% blue chips? Great, you have legitimate championship hopes. If not? Then things are grim. Blue-chip ratio has been accurate every year since Elliott debuted it in 2013. But even he would tell you there have been some scares thinking back to Oregon in 2014 and Clemson in 2015.
Read the full story…
History suggests teams must have a blue-chip ratio of at least 50% to win a national title in the modern era. But there will always be an exception. Here are six teams that could bust blue-chip ratio during the 2023 season.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- USC fans have pitchforks out for Alex Grinch after bumpy ride vs Sun Devils
- Dan Lanning provides injury update on Oregon RB Noah Whittington
- Skattebo utilization personifies Dillingham approach as play-caller vs USC
- Scheer: Jedd Fisch could have decision to make at quarterback
- QB Nate Johnson apologizes for Utah’s lackluster offensive performance
- Sanders responds to Lanning’s comments after ‘old-fashioned butt kicking’
- 247Sports’ college football bowl projections entering Week 5
- Former players speak out after absurd suggestion for Stanford to cut football
- Report: UC Regents form committee to look at impact of Cal’s move to ACC
- Lincoln Riley breaks down why USC agreed to early Colorado kickoff time
- Colorado player scuffs up midfield logo at Autzen Stadium on Friday
- Deion Sanders given parking ticket by CU campus police
- Thamel: Utah star QB Cam Rising won’t start vs. UCLA
- NCAA committee recommends removing cannabis from banned substances list
- Pac-12’s bevy of star transfer QBs lead league into season-changing Week 4
- USC fans have pitchforks out for Alex Grinch after bumpy ride vs Sun Devils - September 24, 2023
- Dan Lanning provides injury update on Oregon RB Noah Whittington - September 24, 2023
- Skattebo utilization personifies Dillingham approach as play-caller vs USC - September 24, 2023