A group of Pac-12 players threatened to opt out of the 2020 football season on Saturday. Their list of demands was published in an open letter on The Players’ Tribune Sunday morning.
The story was sent to several news organizations along with a list of 12 players from nine schools that had put their name behind the demands that included Covid-19 health and eligibility protections, attempts to preserve all existing sports on campus and initiatives to end economic inequality and racial injustice.
No USC players were included on the list.
—More from News Feed—
- Who plays quarterback for Oregon if Bo Nix doesn’t return in 2023?
- ASU’s Kenny Dillingham building sustainable culture to attract local talent
- Dozens of SuperWest Players on Polynesian CFB Player of the Year watch list
- Updated Pac-12 head coach salaries: Where Colorado’s Deion Sanders ranks
- Colorado football recruit says new staff not honoring his commitment
- Ranking college football’s 10 best stadium environments during 2022 season
- USC’s Caleb Williams CBS Sports 2022 College Football Player of the Year
- No charges filed against Matt Araiza, ex-teammates in SDSU gang rape case
- Mississippi State’s Dillon Johnson trolls Mike Leach in transfer announcement
- NCPA requests UC Regents oppose UCLA’s move to the Big Ten
- ACC commissioner calls for earlier start to college football season
- Andrew Luck, Mike Hass, Rashaan Salaam among 2022 CFB Hall of Fame inductees
- BYU football hires Kelly Poppinga as special teams coordinator
- Colorado to hire Alabama’s Charles Kelly as defensive coordinator
- Dan Lanning denies that Oregon got complacent ahead of final week
- Oregon makes Will Stein offensive coordinator hire official
- Canzano: Transfer game laced with misguided frustration, finger-pointing
- One Beaver, two Wildcats on 247Sports True Freshman All-American Team
- Pac-12 coaches earn high marks in first-year grades from 247Sports
- Oregon State’s Jack Colletto named 2022 Hornung Award Winner
- UNLV names Arkansas DC Barry Odom head football coach
- Report: Weber State coach Jay Hill to be named BYU’s new DC
- Jake Spavital hired for second stint as offensive coordinator at Cal
- Defensive assistant AJ Cooper leaving WSU to coach ASU linebackers
- Curtis: Why did Cal football fire Sonny Dykes in 2017?
- ASU reportedly hires Ra’Shaad Samples from Rams, Bryan Carrington from TCU
- Utah’s Dalton Kincaid has Pac-12 Championship Trophy at his house
- Arizona State expected to hire Fresno State’s Saga Tuitele as OL coach
- Report: Deion Sanders visits with Willie Taggart about joining staff at CU
- Eight SuperWest teams in Joe Lunardi’s updated NCAA Tournament bracketology
- Who plays quarterback for Oregon if Bo Nix doesn’t return in 2023? - December 8, 2022
- ASU’s Kenny Dillingham building sustainable culture to attract local talent - December 8, 2022
- Dozens of SuperWest Players on Polynesian CFB Player of the Year watch list - December 8, 2022