Posted on November 21, 2022
The strongest teams have risen to the top and they’ll separate further in the final games of the regular season with a spot in the Pac-12 Championship Game still up for grabs.
Late November projections are much more solid than those in September and October, but there’s still a chance what we think will happen won’t happen come December.
Here are my latest predictions on where Conference teams will land in the postseason.
Rose Bowl – Oregon vs. Michigan
2:00 p.m., PT, ESPN, Jan. 2, 2023, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA
I think the Ducks took the power back in the conference with a gritty win over Utah.
I think they’re the most balanced team in the conference and can take out USC in the Pac-12 Championship Game, getting back to the Rose Bowl.
Cotton Bowl – USC vs. UCF
10:00 a.m., PT, ESPN, January 2, 2023, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
I’m not ready to say the Trojans can win the conference championship game yet.
I just don’t trust them.
I still think they make a NY6 bowl though.
Alamo Bowl – Washington vs. Texas
6:00 p.m., PT, ESPN, December 29, 2022, Alamodome, San Antonio, TX
Who wants to see Sark and Texas take on a rejuvenated Washington?
I think everyone does.
Holiday Bowl – UCLA vs. Wake Forest
5:00 p.m., PT, FOX, December 28, 2022, Petco Park, San Diego, CA
The Bruins can clean things up against Cal and slip down into a lesser southern California bowl.
Las Vegas Bowl – Utah vs. Missouri
4:30 p.m., PT, ABC, December 17, 2022, Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV
Not getting the win at Oregon really plunges Utah.
They drop all the way down from the Rose Bowl to here in my projections.
Sun Bowl – Oregon State vs. Louisville
11:00 a.m., PT, CBS, December 30, 2022, Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX
The Beavers have a chance to possibly sneak up a couple of blow slots if they can beat Oregon.
This is a nice spot, though, if they can’t.
Los Angeles Bowl – Washington State vs. Boise State
12:30 p.m., PT, ABC, December 17, 2022, SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
Win or lose the Apple Cup, it feels like the Cougars might be locked into the LA Bowl.
—More from Jack Follman—
- Jack Follman’s Best Football Transfer for Each Pac-12 Team
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Football Trap Games
- Jack Follman’s 2022-23 Pac-12 All-NFL Team
- Jack Follman’s Updated Two-Round 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s Top 2023 Pac-12 Football Impact Freshman
- Jack Follman’s Top 12 Incoming Pac-12 Football Transfers
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early 2023 Pac-12 Bowl Projections
- Jack Follman’s Best 2023 Pac-12 Conference Football Games
- Jack Follman’s Best 2023 Pac-12 Nonconference Games
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early 2023 College Football Top 25
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early All-Pac-12 Teams for 2023
- Jack Follman’s Christmas 2023 Pac-12 NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest Pac-12 All-Freshman Teams
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest All-Pac-12 Football Teams
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest Pac-12 Annual Awards
Jack Follman’s Best Football Transfer for Each Pac-12 TeamEach Pac-12 team has at least one key transfer coming in for 2023, and many have a few - March 28, 2023
Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Football Trap GamesMarquee showdowns get the most attention but trap games frequently decide the season - March 27, 2023
Jack Follman’s 2022-23 Pac-12 All-NFL TeamThere’s been a slight changing of the guard as some veterans age out and new stars emerge - February 17, 2023