The University of Colorado has lost one of its greatest fans.
Betty Hoover, a long-time supporter of the Buffaloes, along with her twin sister, Peggy Coppom, died Wednesday morning at the age of 95 after a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Coppom and Hoover, knows as the “CU twins” have been Colorado football season ticket holders since 1958 and have rarely missed a football or basketball game since first attending in 1940. They are often cheered by fans when they enter the CU Events Center together for games, usually dressed in gold sweatshirts or jackets and carrying CU pom poms.
—More from News Feed—
- SJSU football, men’s basketball and baseball made history in 2022-23
- WSU’s Andrew Edson and his never-ending quest for more speed
- 247Sports: Predicting Big Ten football 2024 schedule; permanent rivals
- Linebacker Eric Gentry returns to USC workouts following ankle surgery
- Oregon sells out Super Regional; awaiting approval for additional seating
- Arizona’s Jordan Geist wins NCAA championship in shot put
- Utes get commitment from Snow College tight end Dallen Bentley
- Big 12 mulling Monterrey as site of 1st Mexico-based bowl game
- Ex-USC football player arrested, charged with raping 2 women
- 247Sports: Teams that could bust the ‘Blue-Chip Ratio’ in 2023
- Oregon Ducks baseball ready for Super Regional challenge From Oral Roberts
- Wilner: Comcast mess leaves Pac-12 far behind in Power 5 FY2023 projections
- Arizona president Robert Robbins talks realignment ahead of UA summit
- Kinahan: ‘News’ cycle churns often on Pac-12, Big 12 storylines
- Report: Arizona softball to hire LMU’s Christian Conrad as pitching coach
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)