Ivan Maisel, ON3.com: It has been seven months since the last college football game, seven months since we watched, mouths agape, as the Alabama offense treated Ohio State with the same disdain the Crimson Tide held for the first 12 defenses that tried to stop it.
That game in south Florida signaled the end of what always will be remembered as the COVID-19 season, a season of fits and not-starts, a season in which some teams played five games and some played 12, a season in which stadiums served as mostly empty TV studios.
Read the full story…
After an offseason of massive change, a new day is dawning in college football. And nothing is ever going to be the same.
—More from News Feed—
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges
- G5 coaches speak out on programs becoming ‘farm system’ for Power Four teams
- CU football’s Carter Stoutmire changing positions ahead of sophomore season
- Why trend of CFB coaches bolting to NFL, lesser jobs has no end in sight
- Johnny Manziel says father secretly tried to negotiate for $3M from Texas A&M
- Players opting to appear in new EA Sports CFB video game will receive $600
- 247Sports: Pac-12 hoops tournament projected seeds, schedule, tiebreakers
- CFP officials discuss expanding to 14-team playoff in 2026
- 247Sports: 2 from SuperWest among CFB’s recruits who could play right away
- Deion Sanders drives 51% jump in Colorado multimedia revenue in 2023
- CBS Sports: Early CFP predictions under 5+7 model in 12-team format for 2024
- Kirk Schulz says ‘not a lot of support’ for Pac-12 in 2026 CFP contract
- Injured Husky center Franck Kepnang officially out for rest of season
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision - February 22, 2024
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers - February 22, 2024
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges - February 22, 2024