Posted on June 29, 2022
Stanford Football is coming off of its worst season yet in the 12-year tenure of HC David Shaw.
Heading into 2022, their predicted over/under win total sits at 4.5—a game higher than oddsmakers set their preseason win total at going into 2021.
David Shaw might need to be well over 4.5 wins to prevent his seat from becoming somewhat hot, but how attainable is a bounce-back campaign for the Cardinal in 2022?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I also begin the first of four in an upcoming series on the show: expectations for the Conference’s four new coaches in 2022.
Today’s show starts with Washington State’s Jake Dickert–who has coached a small handful of games for the Cougars but is yet to undergo a full season.
After an encouraging 7-6 season last year that saw Washington State contend for the Pac-12 North with Oregon and Oregon State, what are reasonable standards for a follow-up year?
Though not often said up in Pullman, being over .500 could be a fair expectation for the Cougars in 2022.
Perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to beat Washington in back-to-back seasons is a goal that could help Jake Dickert further cement himself as the right coach for the Cougars’ football program.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
- McLaughlin: Pros and Cons of Oregon Joining the Big Ten
- McLaughlin: What Lack of Media Deal Means for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Rating New Oregon Assistants as Recruiters
- McLaughlin: Former Coaches Concerned about Pac-12
- McLaughlin: UCLA or Arizona First Pac-12 Natty since 1997?
- McLaughlin: Oregon Better as Independent than in Pac-12?
McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George KliavkoffSpencer is joined by 'Locked On Big 12' host Josh Neighbors to talk about the two conferences - March 22, 2023
McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?Spencer is joined by 'Locked on Sun Devils' host Richie Bradshaw to discuss the pros and cons - March 21, 2023
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media DealSpencer looks at what might come out of the Pac-12 CEOs meeting on Tuesday, March 21st - March 20, 2023