Posted on June 29, 2022
Stanford Football is coming off of its worst season yet in the 12-year tenure of HC David Shaw.
Heading into 2022, their predicted over/under win total sits at 4.5—a game higher than oddsmakers set their preseason win total at going into 2021.
David Shaw might need to be well over 4.5 wins to prevent his seat from becoming somewhat hot, but how attainable is a bounce-back campaign for the Cardinal in 2022?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I also begin the first of four in an upcoming series on the show: expectations for the Conference’s four new coaches in 2022.
Today’s show starts with Washington State’s Jake Dickert–who has coached a small handful of games for the Cougars but is yet to undergo a full season.
After an encouraging 7-6 season last year that saw Washington State contend for the Pac-12 North with Oregon and Oregon State, what are reasonable standards for a follow-up year?
Though not often said up in Pullman, being over .500 could be a fair expectation for the Cougars in 2022.
Perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to beat Washington in back-to-back seasons is a goal that could help Jake Dickert further cement himself as the right coach for the Cougars’ football program.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
- McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for Huskies
- McLaughlin: Will Buffs be Worst Pac-12 Team in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Why Utah Football will be Over 8.5 wins in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can UCLA football reach 10 wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Predicting every game on USC’s 2022 Schedule
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with the Biggest QB Questions
- McLaughlin: The Complications of Pac-12 Realignment
- McLaughlin: Will Major Pac-12 Football Commits Flip?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Title Contenders in 2022
- McLaughlin: George Kliavkoff is Not Backing Down
- McLaughlin: The Latest Conference Realignment Speculation
- McLaughlin: USC, UW Football Hot on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Expectations at USC in Year One
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Head Coaches Feeling Pressure
- McLaughlin: Will Pushback on UCLA’s Move Matter?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 has one option left to make a big splash
- McLaughlin: What does Breakdown of Big 12 Talks Signal?
- McLaughlin: Is Conference Realignment affecting Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: What comes Next for the Pac-12 Conference?
- McLaughlin: Reactions to Dante Moore Committing to Ducks
- McLaughlin: What is the Pac-12 Conference’s next move?
- McLaughlin: Is the Big 12 a realistic landing spot for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Which Schools Could the Pac-12 Add?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
- McLaughlin: UW Can & Must Compete on Recruiting Trail
McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona game on its 2022 schedule - August 16, 2022
McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Washington State game on its 2022 schedule - August 15, 2022
McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for HuskiesSpencer predicts the outcome of every Washington game on its 2022 schedule - August 13, 2022