Posted on August 26, 2022
When UCLA Football coach Chip Kelly burst onto the scene at Oregon in the early 2010s, he was never known as a high-level recruiter.
With expectations higher than ever entering his fifth season with the Bruins, Chip Kelly will need to deliver the on-field results to maintain job security—because the 2023 recruiting pursuits have been slow moving.
Is it enough to compete each year with minimal recruiting success and focusing on the transfer portal?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by John Garcia Jr., director of recruiting for Sports Illustrated.
After some notable losses via the transfer portal ahead of the 2022 season, Colorado and HC Karl Dorrell are sitting in the middle of the Pac in the 2023 recruiting battle.
That is largely due to having a high volume of players, but that may be just what the Buffs need to regain their competitiveness in the Conference.
John gives an update on USC and Oregon’s pursuit of a highly coveted 2023 prospect, 5-star EDGE Matayo Uiagalelei.
Four-star DL Caleb Bryant verbally decommitted from Utah, where could he and up, and are the Utes still in his sights?
Plus, Oregon 5-star WR commit Jurrion Dickey is someone the Ducks need to continue to recruit as other teams set their sights on flipping his future plans.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?
- McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSU
- McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 Headlines
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Looks Strong Through 3 Weeks
- McLaughlin: CFB Coaches Arizona State Should be Targeting
- McLaughlin: Winners and Losers from a Big Pac-12 Weekend
- McLaughlin: Important Week 3 Factors for USC, UW and Cal
- McLaughlin: Arizona, ASU & WSU Should be on High Alert
- McLaughlin: Huskies Have Biggest Opportunity in Week 3
- McLaughlin: Can Lincoln Riley keep the Trojans Rolling?
- McLaughlin: USC and WSU Win the Pac-12 Football Weekend
- McLaughlin: Biggest Week 2 Questions for Pac-12 Big Games
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Might be in for a Rough Week 2
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Winners and Losers from Week 1
- McLaughlin: Are the Pac-12’s CFB Playoff Hopes Gone?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Brand takes a Major Hit
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 could Strengthen its Brand with Big Wins
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado Being Undervalued this Season?
- McLaughlin: What ASU and CU Could Show in Their Openers
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Coaches Who May Not Survive 2022
- McLaughlin: The 5 Most Important Pac-12 QBs for 2022
- McLaughlin: What Penix Brings to Huskies as Starting QB
- McLaughlin: Wins Hard to Find on 2022 Cal Schedule
- McLaughlin: Why Cardinal will Bounce Back in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon State Football Underrated in 2022
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can flip script and beat Utah in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon Football Poised for Success in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?Spencer is joined by senior BeaverBlitz.com writer/editor Carter Bahns to talk about the game - September 23, 2022
McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSUSpencer looks at some of the players who are poised to stand out this weekend vs Wazzu - September 22, 2022
McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 HeadlinesSpencer is joined by Zach Anderson-Yoxsimer of Locked On UCLA Bruins to talk about situation - September 22, 2022