Posted on September 8, 2022
The opportunities for Pac-12 teams to pick up notable nonconference victories are plentiful in Week Two, but it will be a major challenge for some teams.
Colorado’s offense struggled at home, and it’s unlikely to get better as the Buffs head out on the road to battle Air Force as a 17.5-point underdog.
Washington State is also a major underdog at Wisconsin, and their sluggish start in Week One against Idaho makes it hard to feel confident they could shock the Badgers in Madison.
Could either Arizona school pull out a victory as double-digit underdogs against Oklahoma State or Mississippi State?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by Richie Bradshaw, host of “Locked On Sun Devils,” to discuss some of the impending matchups this weekend.
He shares his thoughts on the biggest nonconference games upcoming across the league this Saturday, and whether or not we could see an unlikely victory from a lineup of teams littered with double-digit underdog status.
The biggest opportunities in the Pac-12 this weekend belong to USC, Arizona, and Oregon State.
The Trojans could put real fear into the minds of Pac-12 teams (and fans) if they run away with a win at Stanford.
Arizona could be the only Pac-12 school to beat an SEC opponent in 2022 before conference play begins.
And the Beavers could show they’re putting all the pieces together under Jonathan Smith if they’re able to beat Fresno State on the road.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Transfer Portal Impacting 2022 Pac-12 Season
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Winners and Losers in Week 4
- McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?
- McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSU
- McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 Headlines
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Looks Strong Through 3 Weeks
- McLaughlin: CFB Coaches Arizona State Should be Targeting
- McLaughlin: Winners and Losers from a Big Pac-12 Weekend
- McLaughlin: Important Week 3 Factors for USC, UW and Cal
- McLaughlin: Arizona, ASU & WSU Should be on High Alert
- McLaughlin: Huskies Have Biggest Opportunity in Week 3
- McLaughlin: Can Lincoln Riley keep the Trojans Rolling?
- McLaughlin: USC and WSU Win the Pac-12 Football Weekend
- McLaughlin: Biggest Week 2 Questions for Pac-12 Big Games
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Winners and Losers from Week 1
- McLaughlin: Are the Pac-12’s CFB Playoff Hopes Gone?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Brand takes a Major Hit
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 could Strengthen its Brand with Big Wins
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado Being Undervalued this Season?
- McLaughlin: What ASU and CU Could Show in Their Openers
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Coaches Who May Not Survive 2022
- McLaughlin: The 5 Most Important Pac-12 QBs for 2022
- McLaughlin: Preseason Pac-12 Football Recruiting Update
- McLaughlin: What Penix Brings to Huskies as Starting QB
- McLaughlin: Wins Hard to Find on 2022 Cal Schedule
- McLaughlin: Why Cardinal will Bounce Back in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon State Football Underrated in 2022
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can flip script and beat Utah in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon Football Poised for Success in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?
McLaughlin: Transfer Portal Impacting 2022 Pac-12 SeasonSpencer sheds light on why it is not all bad news for Conference teams that lost over the weekend - September 27, 2022
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Winners and Losers in Week 4Spencer reacts to last week's first full slate of conference games in the Pac-12 - September 26, 2022
McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?Spencer is joined by senior BeaverBlitz.com writer/editor Carter Bahns to talk about the game - September 23, 2022