Posted on November 14, 2022
Oregon Football came up just short against Washington, falling 37-34 in a game of back-and-forth offensive explosion against their bitter rival to the North.
Many factors played into a loss that Dan Lanning said was “100% on him,” but there was one that stood out above the rest: Oregon’s atrocious pass defense.
On today’s episode of Locked On Ducks, I go through the most disappointing elements of a crushing loss to the rival Huskies on Saturday.
The defense put up its worst overall showing since the Georgia game, and there’s no way to sugarcoat how porous it was as Penix threw for over 400 yards—inside Autzen Stadium.
The offense ran for over 300 yards and managed 34 points, and still, it was not enough.
Spencer goes through a couple of key decisions that influenced the outcome of the game on the offensive side of the ball.
The offense could have been better in a couple of critical moments, but it was NOT to blame (nor were the officials) for the Ducks’ loss to the Huskies.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Is Kenny Dillingham the Right Hire for ASU?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football at Its Best in Nearly a Decade
- McLaughlin: How the Ducks Fell Apart against Oregon State
- McLaughlin: Rivalry Week Delivered Season-Altering Thrills
- McLaughlin: Ducks Collapsed but Sky Not Falling in Eugene
- McLaughlin: Biggest Questions in Every Game on Saturday
- McLaughlin: Friday Night in Pac-12 the Best Part of CFB
- McLaughlin: USC in Playoff Good for Future of Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: The Challenge OSU Football Presents to Oregon
- McLaughlin: Examining USC Football’s Path to the Playoff
- McLaughlin: Big Week in Pac-12 Football Doesn’t Disappoint
- McLaughlin: Bo Nix Shines in Oregon’s Gritty Win over Utah
- McLaughlin: Biggest Question for Pac-12 Teams in Week 12
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Still Disrespected in CFP Rankings
- McLaughlin and Analyst Yogi Roth on State of Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Oregon Still Pac-12 Championship-Caliber Team
- McLaughlin: Good News and Bad News for Pac-12 Football
- McLaughlin: Washington, Arizona Upsets Stir Pac-12 Race
- McLaughlin: How Washington can beat the Ducks in Autzen
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can Beat UW by Double Digits
- McLaughlin: Is USC Overrated in the Latest CFP Rankings?
- McLaughlin: Duck Recruiting, Dante Moore, Surprise Visitor
- McLaughlin: Could the Pac-12 Place 2 Teams in NY6 bowls?
- McLaughlin: Oregon-UW Rivalry Preview with Rob Moseley
- McLaughlin: Dan Lanning’s comments and CFP Outlook
- McLaughlin: Some Teams Shined & Some Shrank in Week 10
- McLaughlin: Ducks Show Growth vs. CU, Can Still Improve
- McLaughlin: Big 12 Media Rights Deal Good for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Can Colorado Present a Challenge for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Does UW or OSU have More on Line on Friday?
McLaughlin: Is Kenny Dillingham the Right Hire for ASU?Spencer talks with 'Locked On Sun Devils' host Richie Bradshaw about why so many are excited - November 30, 2022
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football at Its Best in Nearly a DecadeSpencer is joined by a Carter Bahns, senior writer/editor at BeaverBlitz.com, to discuss why - November 29, 2022
McLaughlin: How the Ducks Fell Apart against Oregon StateSpencer goes through how it all came crashing down after Oregon built a 21-point lead late - November 29, 2022