Posted on September 22, 2022
Oregon Football added two transfers this offseason to the running back position with new running backs coach Carlos Locklyn, and so far Bucky Irving and Noah Whittington have been featured in the offense.
Heading into Pullman this Saturday, the Ducks should once again feature a variety of ball carriers in the offensive game plan.
On today’s episode of Locked On Ducks, I look at some of the players who are poised to stand out this weekend against Washington State.
Offensively, names like Dont’e Thornton could be poised for a breakout offensive performance—but even with Bo Nix’s ability to spread the ball around, there are a lot of talented players in the Oregon receiving corps.
Defensively, WSU doesn’t pose the same challenges it used to under Mike Leach, and the Ducks’ defense is coming off a strong showing against BYU.
The Ducks are hoping that defensive performance can travel. Who might be poised for a breakout performance on that side of the ball for Dan Lanning’s defense?
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Can Conference Relegation Save the Pac-2?
- McLaughlin: Utah Needs Cam Rising to Return to Win Pac-12
- McLaughlin: OSU vs. WSU Set to Make a Point on Saturday
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Moods, Week 3 Winners and Losers
- McLaughlin: Week 3 Shows CFB has Scheduling Problem
- McLaughlin: What Do We Know About These 2023 Beavers?
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado a Serious Pac-12 Title Contender?
- McLaughlin: OSU and WSU Seek to Control their Futures
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Showing Why Demise is Totally Insane
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Remains Best Conference in America
- McLaughlin: Cal and Nebraska Upset Winners in Week 2?
- McLaughlin: Why Utah Should be Pac-12 Favorite, but Isn’t
- McLaughlin: Colorado Could Start 3-0 After Upset of TCU
- McLaughlin: The Pac-12’s Path to the CFP Remains Daunting
- McLaughlin: Reaction to Cal and Stanford Going to the ACC
McLaughlin: Can Conference Relegation Save the Pac-2?Spencer looks at a potential future for the two teams facing off in Pullman on Saturday - September 21, 2023
McLaughlin: Utah Needs Cam Rising to Return to Win Pac-12Spencer is joined by 'Locked On Utes' host JT Wistrcill to talk about the state of the program - September 20, 2023
McLaughlin: OSU vs. WSU Set to Make a Point on SaturdaySpencer starts diving into a loaded Week 4 of Pac-12 matchups, focusing on the Beavs and Cougs - September 19, 2023