Posted on November 22, 2022
The Pac-12 will once again have six teams ranked in the latest College Football Playoff rankings, with all eyes focused on where USC will fall and who is on their path to making the CFP.
If they finish 12-1 with a Pac-12 Championship, they seem almost assured to end up in the top four.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I take a look at the postseason paths available for the Pac-12 with just one week left in the regular season.
The five-way tie possibility is out for the Pac-12 Championship game, but what scenarios remain for who could meet USC in Las Vegas on December 2nd?
Utah is likely to end the season at 9-3 with Colorado upcoming this week, making an NY6 bowl trip unlikely unless they can find their way into the Pac-12 Championship game (and win).
If USC gets into the College Football Playoff, two teams have an excellent shot at an NY6 bowl game if they go into Bowl Season with 10 wins.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: How will Deion Sanders Work the Portal at CU?
- McLaughlin: What Beating Trojans Twice Means for Utes
- McLaughlin: Will ‘Coach Prime’ Find Success at Colorado?
- McLaughlin: The Fit between New OC Will Stein and Oregon
- McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Brings Excitement to Pac-12
- McLaughlin: What does USC Need to Do to Beat Utah?
- McLaughlin: What Do Utes Need to Do to Repeat as Champs?
- McLaughlin: Is Kenny Dillingham the Right Hire for ASU?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football at Its Best in Nearly a Decade
- McLaughlin: How the Ducks Fell Apart against Oregon State
- McLaughlin: Rivalry Week Delivered Season-Altering Thrills
- McLaughlin: Ducks Collapsed but Sky Not Falling in Eugene
- McLaughlin: Biggest Questions in Every Game on Saturday
- McLaughlin: Friday Night in Pac-12 the Best Part of CFB
- McLaughlin: USC in Playoff Good for Future of Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: The Challenge OSU Football Presents to Oregon
- McLaughlin: Big Week in Pac-12 Football Doesn’t Disappoint
- McLaughlin: Bo Nix Shines in Oregon’s Gritty Win over Utah
- McLaughlin: Biggest Question for Pac-12 Teams in Week 12
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Still Disrespected in CFP Rankings
- McLaughlin and Analyst Yogi Roth on State of Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Oregon Still Pac-12 Championship-Caliber Team
- McLaughlin: Good News and Bad News for Pac-12 Football
- McLaughlin: Washington, Arizona Upsets Stir Pac-12 Race
- McLaughlin: Oregon’s One Clear Culprit in Loss to Huskies
- McLaughlin: How Washington can beat the Ducks in Autzen
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can Beat UW by Double Digits
- McLaughlin: Is USC Overrated in the Latest CFP Rankings?
- McLaughlin: Duck Recruiting, Dante Moore, Surprise Visitor
- McLaughlin: Could the Pac-12 Place 2 Teams in NY6 bowls?
McLaughlin: How will Deion Sanders Work the Portal at CU?Spencer examines the prospect of 'Coach Prime' landing a well-known and coveted QB transfer - December 8, 2022
McLaughlin: What Beating Trojans Twice Means for UtesSpencer is joined by 'Locked On Utes' host JT Wistrcill to talk about where Utah goes from here - December 7, 2022
McLaughlin: Will ‘Coach Prime’ Find Success at Colorado?Spencer looks at the prospects of Deion Sanders in the Conference with the Buffs - December 6, 2022